Seriously? I'm not sad to see 2008 go. It's really not that anything terrible happened, it's just that nothing wonderful happened. How's that for glass half empty attitude. If you know me and what's going on in my life, you know that we are in limbo. A somewhat seeming never ending limbo. A just get through this day, week, month, year type of limbo. Well there is this little light at the end of the tunnel and I can see it. It's not huge but it's there and well, that makes me happy. 2009 is also a year of limbo, but we are getting closer and I'm determined to make this coming year more worthwhile. I hope I can look at 2009 and be kinda sad to see it go. You know the glass half full type of attitude. I much prefer that, really.
Last year, a lot of my friends and family did a word of the year type thing. I had a word, I never blogged about it, and I could not tell you what in the world it was. So, this year I will tell you my word and hopefully it will help me to remember. More on that tomorrow.
Okay, here are some of the pics from our fun filled Christmas day. It was fun. It was magical. I love Christmas with kids. Princess got a basket full of cooking tools, some mixes, and cute little apron from grandpa & grandma L. They always have the cutest thought out gifts.
Buddie giving the thumbs up having a blast with his cousins.
Just a stinkin' cute smile from Princess.
All he wanted for from Santa was the Batman Lego Wii game. Santa delivered.
Thanks to Dave and Nana for spending the morning with us. I teach primary for the 5 year old kids and a couple of weeks ago the lesson was on why we give gifts at Christmas. We read and acted out the story of the 3 wisemen bringing gifts to Jesus. Explaining to 5 year olds that we give gifts at Christmas time to show our love to others was quite the task and I'm sure went through one ear and out the other. It touched my sappy little heart though. Thank you family for all the thoughtful gifts. We love you lots.
1 comments:
Your kids could not be ANY cuter, seriously! As for the marathon present opening session at the Lifferths, hats off to you all!
Post a Comment