Jan. 12
Hello Blogland, meet my running shoes. I won't tell you how long ago I got these bad boys for fear of you knowing how little I've ran since I acquired these. I actually really love my running shoes, it's the running I'm not really fond of. With that being said, with a new year comes new resolutions. I used to be pretty healthy and let's just say I've enjoyed my chocolate the last few years. I've decided to workout more this year and so far so good! Really. I decided to document this picture in my project 365 to remind myself what I started doing in January. Let's just hope by December these shoes look more loved.
Jan. 13

Oh play-doh. My kids love this stuff! Princess got some for Christmas and it's a favorite indoor activity right now.
Jan. 14
I know this scene looks all too familiar to you moms out there. Can I tell you that I hate this pile of fabric? I hate laundry as much as I hate this photo. (Sorry not a great pic for the day.) Laundry is not my forte. It never will be. I may have to hire someone to do this for me someday. Well, except for my skivvies, of course. I'll do that myself.
Jan. 15
Princess got her ears pierced when she was 3 months old. *gasp* Really, she did. And she's not psychologically damaged in any way. At least I don't think she is. I guess time will tell. If she ends up in prison someday, we'll just blame it on her 3 month old trauma. Okay, I got off track. Anyway, we noticed that she was missing one of her earrings so we headed off to the mall as a family to buy her some new ones. She was so excited to be able to pick out a new pair. I was worried we would have trouble getting them back in, but she was tough. (and I called her a wimp last week *pssf*) Afterward, we spent some time in the children's play area. They had a blast.
Jan. 16
This picture is to document the history of this old white car. I will bear you the boring reading, but I plan to write down it's history in our 365 album. I went to a funeral recently and one of the gentleman's sons went through the history of the family vehicles because dad loved his cars. The rest of the children really got a kick out of the stories and gasped in remembrance of long forgotten beaters that their father dearly loved. I thought our old car needed a place in 365 to remind us of all our many adventures with it.
Jan. 17
Aaron and I clean an office building on the weekends and grandpa and grandma are always so kind to watch our little kiddos. This day grandpa and grandma took the kids on a trip to a little diner for breakfast. When we picked them up they were enjoying a bowl of chocolate ice cream with grandpa. If you know grandpa L very well, you know he loves ice cream. It was a moment definitely needing to be captured. I love the interaction caught between grandpa and Princess.
Jan. 18
Sunday, Sunday. One of the items on my cons list for whether I should become a full time working mom was the fact that I wouldn't be able to do Princesses hair everyday. That I would have to leave that task to Aaron everyday! I know! Crazy! Aaron has actually done a very good job. No complaints. But every Sunday I make sure to do a fun hair-do for Princess. Aaron captured the beginning process. I'll post pics later of the finished do. I love having a girl!
I hope everyone is having a good January. January is rough, but we're half way through!
8 comments:
Cute post. Love the pictures and I'm glad you explained each one. It was fun to read. Now, I think I'll go and see if we have any chocolate ice cream.
I LOVE looking at this great blog of yours! Love all the pictures and am totally jealous of your ideas! Princess seems very content getting her hair done, a girl after my own heart!
Oh, I love your photos! It's great that you love to do your daughter's hair...that is something that terrifies me about having a daughter, lolol! I'd have to hire a hairdresser. Maybe we could trade...I'll do your laundry if you do the hair. :)
Your blog rocks, by the way. I love it.
Your blog does rock and I still think it's a good idea. Think I can start a few weeks late? Maybe I will.
Moni... this is great, a weekly treat for *ME* I will be selfish, I love to read your blog because it really opens your eyes of what a young mother goes through and how we as mother's don't realize how capable we are to accomplish all what we have to do each day and always with love and a smile. You are such a fun Mommy and I commend you for it.. I LOVE you and don't stop, this is a treasure of precious moments for you and your little ones. Besos.. Mama
I LOVE the pic a day. But it's just not for me - not this year anyway. I feel overwhelmed as it is, that would just push me over the edge :)
Monica, Do you remember when I lined you and your siblings up and showed you how to do laundry? I had just got home from a TDY and you were all complaining that you didn't have anything to wear for school the next day. The laundry room was knee deep in dirty clothes. I said watch and learn because this day was the last day I was doing your laundry. We did a marathon laundry session and from then on each of us did our own laundry. You all did a pretty good job too.
Great pictures! Those running shoes are really cute. I love that you love to do hair, and that your little girl seems to hold still very well.
Post a Comment