Jan. 19
Not a very exciting picture day, but a necessary one to document our life right now. If you know us well then you know we have moved a lot in the 9.5 years we have been married. I know some of you may be guessing 3-4 times but if you say, ummmm, 12 times then you would be right on the dot. I don't know what the deal is, so don't ask. Life has just carried us all over. Okay, in the 12 places we've lived, only 4 of those was lucky enough to have a dishwasher. That's a total of approximately 2 years of dishwasher heaven. So that means 7.5 years of our marriage has been without one. 7.5 years of hand washing dishes! Oh that makes me feel ill. Let's just say, I'm not fond of doing dishes. Aaron and I usually take turns, which is nice. I had just finished doing the dishes and thought it was definitely a worthy photo op.
Jan. 20
This was such a historic day whether you voted for this guy or not, I had to include him in our 365 album. It is definitely a life changing event. I'm excited for something different.Jan. 21

At about this time of year my kids start growing out of their fall clothes. It's kind of hard because I don't want to spend the money on new long pants when spring and summer are right around the corner. But then we have to deal with a few months of floods. Both of my kids are flooding it right now. By Spring I think they will have full on capri pants. It's nice to see the evidence that they are growing and doing well.
Jan. 22

This is a well known scene at our house. We were lucky enough to find a home in our price range that had 3 bedrooms. The third bedroom is Aaron's studio and my craft room, although Aaron pretty much hogs the whole thing. It is nice to have him at home while he works. I enjoy peeking in and seeing what he is up to. You can check out his blog here.
Jan. 23

We have had some pretty crazy weather this winter. It had been raining off and on the last couple of days including all morning on the 23rd. As I was driving home from work the sky cleared up and the sun was out. It was unusually warm, around 47 degrees, for January. I thought it was perfect for a walk. And it was. B and princess enjoyed getting out and playing at the park. This picture cracks me up. I sure love these two monkeys.
Jan. 24
The night of the 23rd I noticed it was getting pretty cool in our house and we figured out our furnace wasn't turning on. We also noticed some outlets not working and figured a circuit must be out. We are in such an old house and couldn't quite figure out all which fuse had the problem. It was late so we ended up having to go without a furnace that night and most of the next day. This whole day we pretty much just hung out in the kitchen. We shut all the doors in the house, turned on a couple of space heaters, baked brownies, and played games. It was cold, but it was actually pretty nice to spend the day together. This is the kiddos huddled up in front of a space heater getting warm.
Jan. 25
When I picked B up from his class at church, he skipped out and handed me his artwork. His picture made me chuckle and I knew this was the picture of the day. I love to see how he perceives his world around him. This is a picture of our family. In the front is me, B, and Princess. I love how he portrays Princesses hair. It's kind of hard to see but it cracks me up. The person in the back is dad. Dad is standing next to the stove, cooking. This makes me laugh because since I'm a full time working mommy, dad has taken on the responsibility of making the majority of our meals. Just the other day, dad was making pancakes and got busy doing something else. I jumped into help and B said, "what are you doing? you don't know how to make pancakes." Hmmmm. It's not like I never cook. I wonder if he remembers the other 4 years of his life that I cooked and fed him all his meals? Probably not. Oh well.
Last week of Jan. Yay! Keep smiling!
12 comments:
Lovin' the floods! *lol* Just don't do it when they are in school, cause I remember the kids with floods getting made fun of. :o) Again...great week of pics. Can't wait til next week!
I so know what you mean about the dishes! We're going on five years and we've yet to have a dishwasher in a single place. sigh.
As for the floods-lol! My kids are the same way and its absolutely painful to see. Luckily, spring comes early here and they can start to wear warm weather clothes in March/April.
Oh, kids are so funny-that was funny to hear that they don't think you know how to cook! Don't worry, by the time they are grown, they will realize that BOTH their parents can cook (and wash dishes...but hopefully in a dishwasher by then, huh?!!)
Fabulous pictures. I like the subject matter that you choose. I have a hard time taking pictures that are not close ups of my kids faces. I really need to branch out because 365 of those pictures might get a little old?
I love your 365 project. Your pictures are so meaningful and you have a great story for each one of them. Your photography is amazing, too.
I vote this week my favorite so far. I LOVE the floods, the cute kids warming with the "cherish Life" in the background, and the true-to-life drawing of you NOT making pancakes. LOVE IT!
LOVE all the pics - I am seriously loving all the moments and memories you are capturing - especially all the little things that you would normally look past and forget. Priceless.
12 times? Holy crap. I thought we had it bad. We've lived in 5 different places in the last 7 years. And only ONE Of those had a dishwasher (and we only lived there for 6 months). So I totally feel you on the whole hand-washing thing. It sucks.
I love Ben's art. LOL. Kid's draw the best pictures ever.
Your photographs are awesome. I'm really loving this photo-a-day thing. And good job keeping up on it!
That is a lot of moving! If your marriage can endure 12 moves, you can endure anything! Way to go. I love all the pics.
I love this idea of a picture a day! What a good way to remember the year! Oh, and no dishwasher...you are a good woman! I'd be using paper by now!!
Cute Monica, I love to remember all of the little details of our daily life. You make me want to start 365.
Moni you are doing a wonderful job of capturing the year in photos. I loved the picture that Ben drew. He's one awesome kid and we love him tons. Bless that little Maggie too! Hope she feels better soon. Love, Mom
Post a Comment