Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Jan. 26 - Feb. 1, 2009

Sorry I'm a little late with this post. I've had a very busy week so far. All is well though, and we are trucking along. Thank you to those who have left comments on my project 365, it is fun to hear your thoughts on our little life.

Jan. 26


We were pretty much at the end of our day and I hadn't taken any pics yet. I was putting Sis to bed and realized we were having a moment right then. With this project I really am seeing what I call "moments" all of the time. You know, all the little things we pass by everyday and take for granted. I'm just keeping my eye out more, appreciating our life. So this picture is an ode to sippy cups. These are something that are just a part of our life right now. Princess still takes comfort in her sippies everyday.

Jan. 27


B had a really rough morning and I had a feeling he wasn't 100%. Lo and behold I was called in to come and get him from preschool. He had a fever and looked miserable. I took him home and got him all cuddled up with a sprite and a movie. We have not been strangers to colds and bugs this winter. It is still so sad when my kiddos don't feel well.

Jan. 28


This was a very happy day. My dad returned from an assignment back east. He had been gone since September and missed the holiday season for the 3rd or 4th year in a row. I always miss my dad when he is gone. I have always been a daddy's girl and love to have him close when I need some advice or a good hug. Princess was also very excited to see Grandpa Dave and gave him lots of hugs!

Jan. 29


B had been asking to go to Grandma L's house all day. He was feeling better and was sick of being cooped up in the house. I called and we found out some cousins were planning on being there also. B and Sis love spending time at grandpa and grandma's house. It is a place of fun and lots of love. After dinner the kids were in the family room with their feet all together, so I thought I would find out what they were up to. Cousin E was reciting the rhyme "bubble gum bubble gum in a dish." I couldn't believe she knew that rhyme. It brought back a lot of memories. I can't tell you how many times I played that game as a child with my friends or my cousins. It is fun to see my kids enjoying some of the same things I did as a kid.

Jan. 30

Well, we can now officially call project 365, project 364. This was the first day that I missed. It was a very busy day. I had a lot to do, then I traveled to Idaho late with B. When we got there we went to bed. I feel kind of bad I screwed up in the first month. I will probably replace the picture with something different or I will just journal about our day in my project 365 album. Oh well, life goes on. :)

Jan. 31


We went to Idaho to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. Lately we have been staying with her to give her some much needed company. She enjoys the company and I just love spending time with her. I adore my grandmother. While in Idaho I also spend a lot of time with my sister. This girl was "just" my annoying little sister growing up but has become my very best friend. I love spending time with her. Our favorite thing to do together is cook and dance. They go hand in hand when we are together. This day was baked a carrot cake and made jalepeno poppers, and sloppy joe filling for grandma's birthday party. During the winter we do a whole lot of nothing together, but I love every minute of it.

Feb. 1


Yay! January is over! Spring is right around the corner and I can't wait. This pic is actually the first one of me in our 365 album. I guess I should make an occasional showing. It is hard when I'm usually the one behind the camera. This was taken in my sister's front yard. She is so lucky to live out in the beautiful country with all the fresh air.

See ya next week!

9 comments:

Erica said...

YAY! Great week and a bummer you missed a day. O'well. I had fun too. I always have fun with you. Even if it is just you and Jason making fun of me. Good times. Love you!

rsheedy said...

You have such great photos! And I love that they are so family oriented; it's heartwarming. I just love that pic of your sweet daughter with her grandpa. I also love the last one with you in it. After all, you are the reason for the story! :)

Anonymous said...

I am loving all your great pictures!! How great to see the simple things in life as perfect photo opportunities. I need to do that in my own life. I need to sit back and enjoy the simple things in life!! Thank you for all your inspiration!! I love checking in on your blog. ~HUGS~

Ashley Rae said...

It's bitter sweet when kids are sick... it's sad, but it is the only time when Kennedy actually WILLINGLY cuddles with me.

Good pictures. And it's ok you missed a day. You're better than I am- I probably just would have taken 2 on one day and lied and said that I took it on the previous day. But that's why I'm going to hell and you're not.

All About M.E.('s) said...

You are doing a great job. I, on the other hand, miss 1 day a week, on average. I've thought about giving it up, but I think that it's worth keeping up even if it is not complete. Plus, I totally agree with you that it makes you notice 'moments' that would otherwise go unnoticed. I was thinking this the other day, but couldn't quite put it into words. Anyway, greats photos.

Nathan and Esther said...

those pictures look so awesome! You did a great job (and of course your subjects are so cute)

Robert and Kristen said...

Cho! How are you? Your kids are so cute! We really need to get together sometime. I love this idea of taking a picture everyday of the year! It makes you focus on all the little things!

Kristen said...

Isn't Project 365 so much fun? I have never been good about keeping a journal before, but I am actually keeping up with this one.

It's good to hear from you! We need to get together soon.
Love, Peach

Smiley Family said...

"bubble gum, bubble gum, in a dish"?? Don't know that one. Glad your dad is home - tell him to come to dinner :)