Thursday, April 30, 2009

Apr. 6 - Apr. 26, 2009

Are you ready for this? I honestly will not be offended if this is too long for you. I really do use this blog as a journal and I transfer what I write here to my 365 album. So here goes!

Apr. 6
Sis threw a huge fit earlier this day because she wanted a ballerina dress. I told her I had one but she just didn't get it for some reason. Toddler miscommunication? Anyway, she finally calmed down and pranced around in her tutu happy as can be. We headed outside to play in the yard and I got this cute pic of her. It just happened to be a nice day. Finally!

Apr. 7
I asked Aaron to take a pic of them this day because my schedule was pretty packed. Aaron had them lay on the grass and try to pick out animal shapes from the clouds. They had a great time. It's just so nice to finally be outside discovering the world again.

Apr. 8
Sis out drawing pictures. She happily played while Aaron and I packed up to head to Idaho for Spring break. Is she not dang cute? I can't get enough of her.

Apr. 9
We spent our day visiting and enjoying my family in Idaho. My dad had been looking for a new tractor to use on the farm. He hadn't had much luck finding one in his price range so he decided on fixing up his old Steiger. He had the engine replaced and Aaron helped my dad sound proof the inside and put in a new seat. My dad also recarpeted the inside. It looks really nice. B had a great time climbing on it.

Apr. 10
Being in Idaho means being outside a lot. I love being up there because it just gives the kids so much more space to run and play in. Where we live now I would never send the kids out to play for fear of busy streets and strangers. In Idaho the kids go out with their older cousin and play for hours. Ah, the country. I'm a country girl at heart. I long to live there again someday.

Apr. 11
We went to the town Easter Egg hunt bright and early Saturday morning. B and Sis were in different areas so Aaron and I split up. I went with B and had a good time. We had about 10 minutes to plan his attack. The town hides what they call a golden egg. It is the prized possession and all the kids try really hard to find them. B ended up getting a golden egg but only because anther kid found two and gave him one. He was so excited. It was also great to see family.

Apr. 12

I love Easter for many reasons. The main reason being the true meaning of Easter, but I also love all the non-important traditional things. Easter has the absolute best candy and I love dressing my kids up in new Sunday garb. Normally, I would make Sis' dress but working full time has not given me the time to do that. Her dress was store bought, but both looked adorable.
Apr. 13

Hello little leaves. I really missed you. I'm so glad you're back. :)

Apr. 14
This is not a great picture, but it is a typical night. Sis loves olives and could probably eat a hundred if we let her.

Apr. 15
We had a little friend walking around the yard. It's fun when you can feed ducks in your own yard. Both the kids thought it was awesome. This little guy eventually got sick of B tormenting him and took off flying.
Apr. 16
I got one pic this day. My camera died right after I took this.

Apr. 17

I will admit that I did not take this pic on this day. My sis-in-law actually took this at the beginning of this month. I didn't have a pic this day but I like this pic. Sis has always adored all three of her grandpas. I love watching her interact with them.

Apr. 18


Apr. 19
We finally were able to send the kids out to play at grandpa and grandma's house. It was a little chilly but the kids enjoyed a rousing game of hide and seek. This picture captures B finding L. I think only the 4 oldest really understood how the game went. The 2 and 3 year olds just ran around giving away hiding spots. One of the cousins would count, say ready or not, start looking, then get distracted with something else. All the other kids would sit in their hiding places waiting for her while she was riding a bike or doing something else. Funny kids.

Apr. 20
Today was grandma's birthday. We barbecued hamburgers and had a great time just being together. We all put in money to her a very nice sewing maching which she loves. I wanted to get a pic of her and my kids but B was mad so this is the best shot.

Apr. 21
Sis has found the joy of blowing on dandelions. Ah, to be a kid. Huh?

Apr. 22
This week was sooo busy. I spent my days at work and my evenings planning Sis' birthday party. I had a busy schedule and this night was my sewing night. I spent all night working on her skirt for the party. I love to sew and only wish I could do it more often.

Apr. 23
This night I spent the whole night baking. I made 40 cupcakes and then this little clown cake. We did a carnival theme.

Apr. 24
The big day arrived. We had about 35 people come. It was great. We had a clown come and make all the kids a balloon animal. She was a cute clown and made Sis a special Belle balloon. I will post more about her party soon.

Apr. 25
This pic just shows my messy kitchen and relaxed family after the big party. I think it took my at least 3 days to recover.

April 26
I was laying on my bed after church and Sis came and layed by me. I just thought she looked beautiful and had to capture her.

Okay, I didn't really elaborate, but I'm all caught up. Woohoo!

6 comments:

Erica said...

You got cute hands. :o) What? No pictures of me?! *lol* Jk. Good job, again! I'm glad you got caught up. Love you.

Smiley Family said...

Good job playing catch-up! I miss when you don't post. You really do need to post more about the party and you definitely need to put up a pic of Maggs in her skirt - too cute!! Also, I love the olive pic :)

Anonymous said...

You inspire me to take more pictures!! I love seeing how you capture the simple moments of life!! What a great lesson to be learned there. Too often I am running around like a crazy woman!! :)

rsheedy said...

Those are all awesome pictures. Of course, I especially love the Easter one of your two kids together; they are so adorable. And I'm with sis...give me a can of olives and I'm a happy girl. Yay!

Ashley Rae said...

Holy crap. You are like- supermom. That cake is awesome. And you make all the tutus? And you do her hair cute like that all the time?? Seriously, woman. Amazing.

My 2 favorite pictures are: the one with both kids in their easter clothes and the one with her chubby little fingers holding the olives. LOL

Johansen Family said...

Adorable Monica, love all the pics that show the fun times kids have at their age.