I don't know where the time goes. The good thing is that I've been keeping up with my photo a day very well, but the bad thing is I've been slacking on the blog. I've been feeling a little overwhelmed with all my many duties right now. I will just keep up the best I can. I'm going to give you two weeks today, then two weeks next week. Hopefully I can stay kept up for a little while after that.
Mar. 23
This was my view on our way back from our trip to Southern Utah. Aaron wasn't able to go because he was busy studying. My in-laws were kind enough to offer to let us come with them. It is so much nicer to not have to worry about driving. Thanks Bob. As far as the picture goes, what the heck did we do to entertain ourselves on long trips when we were kids?! These two are pretty spoiled.
Mar. 24
Little girls entertain themselves with the silliest things. Sis got a hold of some stickers and decorated her hands with only the gold ones. I was lucky to get this cute little expression while trying to capture her little hands.
Mar. 25
The night before was one of the saddest days for me. Sis gave herself her first haircut. I had been so careful not to leave any scissors out in her 3 short years. We won't name names but the other adult in our household was not being so careful. She was being quiet and Aaron and I happened to be talking about getting her hair trimmed when I heard a *snip*. I said, "speaking of haircuts" and I ran in to see her quickly hide the scissors. I was mortified. She had cut long pieces from both sides of her head. I love doing her hair and I cried. I imagined a pixie haircut and no more pigtails. Anyway, this pic was taken after her haircut at the salon. The lady was really sweet and told me horror stories of other little kids' self mutilation of their hair. I felt better, but especially after she said everything would be fine. She is as cute as ever!
Mar. 26
Just a pic of me actually working on my 365 album. It is already turning out so nice. I really do love this project.
Mar. 27
I do have a picture, but I can't post it for confidentiality reasons. Today we went to a Special Olympics Volleyball tournament. The high school I work at put together two teams to compete. It was so fun to watch them. For most of them it was their first time succeeding at a sport. Special Olympics is cool because it pairs the teams with other teams of their ability. Our B team took 5th place but our A team took the Silver Medal. It was a wonderful and heartwarming day.
Mar. 28
This was a big day for our family. Aaron had been studying for months for this day. He took the MCAT. We are still waiting for the results. As far as the rest of us, we went to Layton and participated in the Best Buddies 5K. Best Buddies is an organization that pairs people with intellectual disabilities with a buddy to give them friendship. The high school I'm at has a chapter. I walked, of course, but we had an enjoyable time. The kids also got to participate in their first Easter Egg Hunt of the season. They were spoiled this year. I love Sis' expression in this pic.
Mar. 29
This is on the way to Grandparent L's house for Sunday dinner. I just stuck the camera over my seat and got this cute little shot. Mar. 30
B got a kite at daycare on this day and he couldn't wait to fly it. Dad obliged and they spent a good 20 minutes out in the frigid air flying this spiderman beauty. Pretty soon B got cold and tired and left dad outside to reel in the kite. Mar. 31
Because Aaron finished up his MCAT, he has a little down time. Today was the last day for the kids to be in daycare. I took the picture so they would remember Miss L. I actually had mixed feelings about the whole thing. I am glad they are home spending time with dad now, but I know Sis misses her friends. Apr. 1
These little beauties popped up at our house. I love red tulips. I thought it was a good picture to mark the beginning of Spring. (Little did I know, Spring would still be no where in sight 2 weeks later!)
Apr. 2
My mom went out of town so we had to keep Grandpa W. company. He came over twice for dinner this week and this day he took us out to dinner. We had a good time visiting with him.
Apr. 3
I do have a pic for this day, but I took it on someone else's camera. I still need to get it from them.
Apr. 4
Out at the guard base, Family Support put on their yearly Easter Egg hunt. They usually have a show, have lunch, and then the egg hunt. This year they brought a magician. B was lucky enough to get called up on stage to be an assistant. The magician had him catch an invisible coin in the air and then drop it in the bucket. This is his expression when that coin hit the bottom of the bucket. Priceless! He was totally amazed.
Apr. 5
Grandma L keeps a beautiful home. This Sunday she had a vase of beautiful tulips that needed to be captured. I think it is just my longing for Spring. *sigh*
Phew! See ya next week!
8 comments:
:o) I love Love LOVE the picture of been with the magician! It is priceless. Great pics again. Love you!
Ahhh, sorry about the hair. That's one of my worst nightmares. She's still absolutely beautiful though.
yay! for special olympics. I helped with it through high school and I just loved it every year.
Love the tulips-they're just beautiful and you took such lovely pictures of them.
Good job playing catch-up! Can't wait to see more :)
You really are lucky, the hair situation could have been a LOT worse!
And anytime your kids are lonely, they can head over to my house. My kids love company!
I love it all. It's cool to see the shot of your 365 album; you are doing amazing work.
Ok, little princess's expressions are so priceless. I'm glad you get them captured on film.
You are doing great with the 365 thing... I am SO impressed. :)
Good luck to Aaron! I'm sure he did great. How long do you have to wait?...that's usually the worst part- lol.
LOVE it ALL! Great job Monica!
what great pics, i really liked the one of princess with the gold stickers on her hands.
I totally admire your dedication. I have to admit, some days I forget then "make up for it" on other days...saying I took that photo on such and such day. This is a VERY hard project, but one that I am excited to see the finished result.
Post a Comment