Monday, June 1, 2009

My 100 Things...

Just so you know. I am still doing Project 365. I have only missed a few days and overall have loved the project. You've all heard this before. Anyhoo, life got busy and I couldn't keep up with it all so I let the blogging part slip. I feel okay with that. I put way too much pressure on myself to do so many things. I just need to let some things go.


I still love to read blogs and follow probably too many. Well, now that school is almost over. (Yay! 4 days baby!) I've been thinking a lot about how I'm going to make the most of my summer. I remember last year feeling a little depressed on the last day of school because I knew summer would be over in a blink of an eye. And it was. I recently read on another blog of making a list of 100 things to do during the summer. I thought this was a great idea. We all have those days where we slowly roll out of bed, ho hum around the house, get it sorta clean, then think, "now what?" I hate when my day has passed me by and I didn't do anything memorable. So with this list, I will always have an idea of what to do. I have probably spent way too much time putting this together. I have done a lot of research on fun and free places to go. I also put things on my list that I need to personally get done. Some will be a one time deal, others will be take longer to get done, and some will be a daily endeavor.


These are in random order. If you live around me and have any questions on any of these activities, please feel free to email me or send me a note on facebook.


1. Ride the train downtown
2. Go to Zoo Mania! (Free)
3. Meet and Greet with Firemen (Free)
4. Mad Science (Free)
5. Go to the Zoo
6. Go to the H. Splash Pad (Free)
7. Children's Concert (Free)
8. Go to W. Farm
9. Go to R.M. Raceway
10. Go Camping
11. Hike Mt. T.
12. Movie at the Park (Free)
13. Check out a Farmer's Market
14. Have a picnic at G.C. and listen to music.
15. Go to a Town Festival (Country Fest)
16. Hike a trail (Free)
17. Make cookies and take to a neighbor
18. Have a weekly play date
19. Jog 3 times per week
20. Exercise 5 times per week
21. Keep up with project 365
22. Study my CDC 5 times per week
23. Scrap B's preschool year
24. Take a spontaneous road trip
25. Sign Sis up for a Dance Class
26. Ride our Bikes to the park
27. Sew something
28. Do a craft with the kids
29. Make homemade playdoh
30. Do 30 min. daily preschool
31. Scrap Sis' first year
32. Camp in the backyard.
33. Library Craft time (Free)
34. Thinking outside the box (Library Activity) (Free)
35. Library Puppet Show (Free)
36. Have a water balloon fight
37. Summer Movie Clubhouse ($5.00 for 10 movies)
38. Ride a Horse
39. Stare at the stars
40. Make something special for someone we love
41. Go to a Baseball Game
42. Go to a Water Park
43. Walk around T.S.
44. Go to the Animal Farm at T.P.
45. Go to a Fair
46. Make a fun treat with the kids. (dirtcups?)
47. Have a cousin breakfast
48. Visit Great Grandma L.
49. Read a book a day
50. Do some crazy fun hairdos on Sis
51. Go fishing
52. Make icecream in a ziploc bag
53. Do a chalk walk
54. Have a bug day
55. Plant a flower box
56. Tie-Dye Shirts
57. Buy a fun Sprinkler and play in it
58. Go Bowling
59. Make homemade popsicles
60. Go do mini golf
61. Send a care package to someone
62. Make homemade bubbles
63. Organize my loose photos
64. Back up my hard drive
65. Print out my digi layouts
66. Buy 4 albums
67. Get a pedicure
68. Volunteer
69. Get Sis' pictures professionally done
70. Make a bird feeder
71. Potty Train!
72. Do a Treasure Hunt
73. Celebrate Friendship Day (Aug.1)
74. Do Paper Mache
75. Make Slime
76. Find a "pick it yourself" farm and harvest something good
77. Go to L. Park
78. Play in the fountain at G.W.
79. Go to a B&B
80. Do the dollar store gift giving trip
81. Get a slurpee
82. Try a fun new restaurant
83. Walk with my friends
84. Go visit L. and walk around campus
85. Teach Nana to digi scrap
86. Read a book or two
87. Watch a Jane Austen film
88. Tour a factory
89. Read a book to grandpa
90. Try a new cake recipe
91. Brainstorm class ideas
92. Go to a Craft Store and pick out a craft
93. Splash Pad in R.
94. Do a consistent FHE
95. Make puppets and do a show
96. Find some sand and build a castle
97. Do a Family Fun Summer printable
98. Make S'mores
99. Build something with wood and nails
100. Play with cousins at Grandma's!

Holy! That took me a long time. I hope you can use some of these ideas. I'm determined to have a full and fun summer! :)

EDITED TO ADD:
I just wanted to clarify that I don't plan on doing every single one of the items listed above. It is just an idea list for those days with nothing to do. I like to have fun but I'm not insane. I love the occasional do nothing days.

12 comments:

Erica said...

Awesome list, Sis! I hope I can help mark a few of those off. :o) Love you!

Zachary said...

Wow! You guys are going to have a fun-filled summer! That gave me some good ideas. I especially like number 44: TP-ing the Animal Farm.

PS- You were missed last night at the FHE gathering. Hope you are feeling better!

Ashley Rae said...

Good list! I will be proud of myself for even doing 2 of those things this summer. LOL

rsheedy said...

Wow, that list wore me out! I saw the list on that other blog and thought the same thing...do I have the energy for this?! LOL! It looks awesome though; is there somewhere that I can sign up to do some of these things with you? ;)

All About M.E.('s) said...

Wow! Good job. Thanks for doing all of the work, now I'm going to steal some of your ideas. :)

Allie said...

LEt's do some together! I love being out and doing. IT's so fun. Hey- your sand: go to daybreak lake. they have a small beach. It's so fun for the kids. Call me, we will go together!

Allie said...

Oh, and for the record.....The one who said that was the "pusher's" grandma-who just so happens to be Jadyn's "step" grandma. Now you can say why I was so upset. That said....the pusher's mom continuously says nothing when he pushes either of my kids. He NEVER gets in trouble. And I will admit that I almost feel bad for him because they are doing him a huge disservice in my eyes. Anyway...just talking about it makes me so mad! We really need to get together. There are so many things on your list I want to do!

aaronlifferth said...

Great list Mon. I guess I will see you next fall.

Cheryl said...

I would love to get together and do some of those with you, especially the Pedicure one!! Maybe Allie and I can sign up to do them with you at least once a week or something like that. It's an awesome list, I should do one as well... Who knows maybe I will.

Nathan and Esther said...

That is a great list!

Zachary said...

Re: Seminary Question-

Yes...I wish I still had the chance to teach it!

Zach

whitney said...

What fun and what a great idea! I'm so impressed at your uber-list. I'd like to do at least a couple of fun things this summer. Now I just need to get up and get dressed every morning...