Here we are in the second week of July. Can you believe it? I can't. June seemed to fly by, and I had so many intentions to do more. Life threw me a curve ball and I'm still trying to pick up the pieces. Losing someone you love is a mind boggling and heart wrenching experience. There are all the "what ifs" and "regrets" I have to deal with on a daily basis. I miss her everyday. She was my rock, my constant in life. Someone who loved me, faults and all. She took care of me. Made me breakfast, packed my lunch, came to all my ball games, and lifted me up with her pride in me. She made me feel special and most importantly, loved.
I truly believe we are here in this world to learn. We have our daily lessons, but then we have the hard lessons that we can only learn through trials. I am not a super religious type. I honestly have struggled with my testimony in the last couple of years. I think losing her has forced me to look at myself and find what I really believe in. Through this trial I have learned:1. There is a loving Heavenly Father who cares about me.
2. There is a heaven or after life.
3. I have to choose to believe. If I choose this, then faith will follow.
4. Money isn't important. It is our family that we must always put first.
5. We are here to make memories with the people we love. Don't pass that up and make excuses.
6. Always say "I love you", it may be the last time.
7. Write in your journal, or write a personal history. Your children and grandchildren will cherish that piece of you.
I actually didn't intend on writing this. Sorry for being so personal.
Now onto the cake part of this post. (Not that one has to do with the other. It's just my usual randomness. It is just a sign that life moves on.) My cousin had a wedding (ring ceremony) last weekend and I had the opportunity to make her wedding cake. This is my fifth (I think) wedding cake and by far my tastiest. I haven't done one for awhile and forgot how much I enjoyed doing wedding cakes. My sister and I would actually love to start a bakery at one point. *sigh* Maybe someday. This is a White Almond Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Filling. It is frosted in Buttercream. Flowers were done by Daisy Hollow in Idaho.
I hope everyone is having an awesome summer. Now that the sun has decided to shine, eh? :)
13 comments:
I can't believe it's been a month that she's been gone. I'm still wanting to call her and yesterday I counted her for sending a birthday invitation. :o( We'll miss her lots, but we know that she would want us to be happy and have us move on.
Your cake was beautiful! Wish you would have made one of my 3? *lol* I love you lots, sis! Maybe Grandma will help us out with the bakery! ;o)
Your family is beautiful. I'm sorry you lost your Grandma; she sounds like an amazing woman! Your cake is gorgeous, and sounds delicious. Love the photo, too. You're the best...it was good to see you again last night! :)
Thank you for your reflective comments. You are a special, wonderful cousin and I love you.
Your cake looks wonderful. I only wish I could actually taste it!
Thank you for sharing this.. It sounds like it's been a rough time for you. But you're right- we learn more about who we are when we face trials in life.
What an amazing cake!! I am super impressed. Beautiful, beautiful.
It sounds like your grandma is continuing to touch your life. She was a neat lady. Your family is blessed to have had such a good grandma.
Your cake is beautiful. You are one talented woman!!
Sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'm sure it has been hard. I would love to get together sometime and catch up with you. Maybe we can do Lunch with Allie sometime and swim or just hang out.
Your cake it amazing, you should definitely start a bakery, and soon!
Sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'm sure it has been hard. I would love to get together sometime and catch up with you. Maybe we can do Lunch with Allie sometime and swim or just hang out.
Your cake it amazing, you should definitely start a bakery, and soon!
I'm so sorry for you loss!
Your cake is amazing, though
Holy. Freaking. Awesome. Cake! You seriously amaze me and are so talented! I'm so sorry about your grandma! She definitely did a good job on ya! :)
I didn't know you made her cake. I was admiring it when I went through her pictures the other day. You are very talented. I got to see my dad today. He gave me a quilt that Grandma had made. I love her quilts and will always cherish them. Thanks for posting this. =)
Thanks for sharing a bit of your personal life. And I look forward to your randomness in your posts.
And so it isn't forgotten: I love you and your family.
Ashlyn is sitting on my lap and she just said, "Oh, that is a beautiful birthday cake!" It really did turn out beautifully - your cousin is lucky to have you.
Again, I am sorry about your Grandma. I am glad I got to meet her a few times.
Your grandma was one special lady!! And I feel so blessed to have known her :) I want to share with you one of my favorite quotes. It is from Christopher Robin when he is talking to Pooh. He says... You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think!!" I know this has been so hard for you to go through, but really ponder this quote as if it was ment just for you!! I can honestly say that it has really helped me when I think things are rough and I am struggling!!
and BTW... Awesome cake!! It was absolutely beautiful!!
Post a Comment