Sunday, July 19, 2009

More Editing Fun

Here are some more pictures that I have been playing with. All techniques were learned from a Free class by Jessica Sprague. Enjoy!

I know you have seen this picture before, but I couldn't help myself with the recoloring lesson. Her skirt is so colorful and fun, I had to play with it again.
This is my sweet little niece. I just love this shot on children. It is flattering and beautiful to see their little faces at this angle. This lesson was originally a texture lesson but I did not like the way it turned out. I'm going to try it again with another technique later.

This was a texture lesson. Did you know that you can put textures on your photos? Seriously. Any texture in the world. Here is a link of 50 free textures. I haven't downloaded any yet but there are a few on here that I must have. This photo is supposed to mimic and old fashioned daguerreotype. These were the old pictures that were exposed on a mirror like surface. One of the first images of Abraham Lincoln was taken this way. You may not get as excited about this as I do, but if you can imagine the endless possibilites of textures you can use on your photos...man, it's crazy. :)


B started swimming lessons and Sis had been feeling left out. If you look close, I put a texture on this one. I like how this one turned out.

This one is very textured. I think I added three. It is definately something you wouldn't want to do on every photo but it really gives some punch if you want to add some drama to a pic.


Nothing super exciting here. The lesson was on how to burn edges. What it does is darken the outside edges so it brings your eye to the focal point. It adds a little drama. Fun technique.
:)

9 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

Wow- those pictures look amazing. I'm glad you used the one with her skirt, again. SUCH a cute picture. :)

Robert and Kristen said...

I love that you put these pics on your blog! I really need to check out the class and get into this!

Gretch said...

You are amazing and your kids are ADORABLE! Great pictures/editing

Zachary said...

That is some impressive talent you have going there...I love the Monkey Backpack one!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are amazing!! Great job!! Looks like you really learned a lot!! Guess I need to take a moment and at least start lesson one! LOL :)

rsheedy said...

These look amazing...I absolutely love the first one. Such a cute girl and her skirt is adorable. :)

Cheryl said...

I want lessons, when are you going to teach me? I love the one of your dad and the kids that has the texture, that is my favorite! We need to get together!!

Adrianne said...

Way fun pictures, friend. Let me know the next time you're going to be in malad so I can come see you. Love you.

Esther said...

Monica those pictures are amazing! Maybe I should hire you instead :)