Thursday, September 16, 2010

7 Big Reasons I adore Ben...


Seven years ago today I became a mother. Tears well up just thinking about that day. This little man made my dreams come true. It's hard to believe it has been seven years. I love this boy so much and my heart just aches thinking about the joy he as brought to our life.

So with that, seven reasons I adore Ben...

1. This kid has the best laugh. When he gets going his laugh can brighten any room. You can't help but join in when you hear him laugh.

2. He is inquisitive and smart. Ben has always loved science. When he was two he would watch shows about molecules on PBS. He likes to see how things work and will ask questions about the world around him then seek to find answers if he can.

3. Ben loves people. He is just a nice guy. He makes friends with most anyone and I've never seen him purposely be mean to someone.

4. He is sensitive. This is a good thing and a bad thing. We work really hard on not being too sensitive but it's good too because he doesn't like to see anyone sad.

5. He is athletic. I love this about him. He loves to be outside and to run and play. He's not afraid to try new things and will jump right into a game and figure it out.

6. He is a really good eater. He amazes me with his food choices. He likes his sweets but he never goes overboard. He most likely will choose an apple over chocolate or fruit over fries. He just has a healthy relationship with food. I wish I was more like him in this way.

7. He's mine. He is proof of our Heavenly Father's love for us. I am truly truly blessed to be his mother. He makes me happy everyday.

Happy Birthday Ben! We love you so much! :)

10 comments:

Erica said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEN! I love you so much and I am so happy to be your Auntie! We miss you lots, and can't wait til we get to see you again and give you a great big hug! Love you lots!

Zachary said...

Happy Birthday Ben! Wow...7 years old. Crazy. Hope you are enjoying the new adventure!

Grandma Eyre said...

Happy Birthday Ben. Can't believe you are 7! I still visualize that darling little baby boy at Martin and Mindy's wedding - probably one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen. Last year we got to celebrate your birthday with you as you and Maya had a combined party. It was so much fun to share it with the both of you!

We are with you today in spirit - celebrating your life. We love and miss you very much. Have a wonderful day!

Grandma and Grandpa Eyre

Anushka said...

My Benny... *Happy Birthday!*.. and ohhhh how Nana misses you!!! but we know this is just for a short time as long as we stay in touch. I love you sooo very much and wish you a super wonderdul birhday!.. I know it will be. Have Mom take tons of pictures... oh how I wish I could be there with you!.. it sure is different this year.. but it won't be like this forever. Love you my sweet Ben.. and sure miss you make me laugh... Kisses.. your Nana

Smiley Family said...

Happy Birthday Benny!!! You are such a special kid and I wish I could give you a super big hug today! We miss you and love you lots!

Ashley Rae said...

What a darling and wonderful boy. He is also lucky to have such great parents! Happy birthday, Ben!

The Wright's said...

Ben has a special place in my heart - I just think he is such a sweet, special boy. I love that Jake calls him his "cousin!" Happy Birthday to an amazing kiddo.

rsheedy said...

He is such a cute boy...I can't believe he is seven years old! Happy Birthday Ben!!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Gosh dang it, I miss this kid! It was fun to share his birthday via Skype, but it made me miss him even more (and the rest of you too). Can't wait to see you all in October! Happy Birthday Benny! Love you lots and lots!

Marilyn said...

Very nice post Moni! I love, love, love that boy and I miss him terribly. Missouri is too far away! I'm reminded of the time Ben and Landon were in the back seat of the car and Ben started firing questions at Landon to see how smart Landon was. The final question he asked was "Do you know about molecules?" They were both just little boys. Can't wait to see you soon. Love, Grandma