Little B has been watching Avatar: the Last Airbender on Netflix the last month. Well, I'll be honest, Ben, Maggs and I have been watching the show. I think I loved it just as much as they have. It really is was a great anime cartoon and I'm kinda sad to see it over. Anyhoo, we decided to have a party with an Avatar theme on a budget no less. Ha ha. It was a hit and some of our guests were big Avatar fans so overall it was a lot of fun. Warning, photo overload. Sorry. :)
The morning started out with Ben's choice of Hootenanny pancakes and sausage links. He quickly enjoyed his breakfast and headed to school. He thought he should get the day off because it was his birthday. Tuh. Whatever.
When he got home we finished all the final details and waited for our guests to arrive. He did have his first present waiting for him at home. He was so excited. When they finally got here they chose out of a basket what nation they were from. I made necklaces from homemade shrinky dinks of their nation symbol. Of course there was some trading because they all wanted their favorites. After that, the kids painted and decorated their catapults. I premade these using scrapwood, clothes pins, popsicle sticks, and water bottle lids. They had fun and was really excited to paint.
We then played the donut on the string game. This had nothing to do with Avatar but Ben really wanted to play it. They had a blast with that. Cute kids.
Next, we sang Happy Birthday to Ben, he made a wish and we celebrated with cupcakes and icecream cones.









8 comments:
so darling, i'll bet he loved his party! i see a couple of those cute kirksville kids i know, so glad you've made some good friends!!
Oh gosh, that picture of Ben laughing makes my heart ache a little and I CAN NOT wait to hear it in person! Such a cute kid. Looks like you know how to throw one bang-up party on a budget. You go girl!
Looks like such an awesome party! You are amazing. Love the shrinky dinks!!
Those birthday cupcakes look awesome! Good party!
I can bet you blew the socks off those people out there! They aren't used to the "Lifferth" parties! And cute photo of Ben laughing. LOVE IT! But I am clueless, I've never heard of Avatar? Glad the party was a success!
I can't believe how big he is. I miss you guys...:o( You sure know how to make a fun party.
OMG what a great party theme!
My DD and DH watched that show together....
Hey I saw your blog link! Madie had so much fun at his party thanks for inviting her!! He's such an awesome little boy!
Post a Comment