Monday, February 7, 2011

Big Snow Storm!

Being from Utah I was pretty skeptical that Missouri could throw out a storm that amounted to much snow. I was very wrong. Although, from what I understand this is quite unusual. The big storm was supposed to hit last Tuesday. They let the kids out of school early on Monday (which I laughed about) and canceled school Tuesday. I thought that was hilarious because Tuesday morning was cloudy but there was no storm. I kept looking out the window thinking how ridiculous this all was. Well, about tenish it started to snow lightly and was windy out. By noon I had to admit that there was a downright blizzard going on outside. The snow was coming down in all every directions. It was crazy. It kept coming and coming. I realized at one point that we were snowed in and was grateful we had everything we needed. I was grateful for our warm home and I was praying that our electricity wouldn't go out.

Aaron was let out school early that day and we just huddled in our home watched the storm. By midnight it stopped and I was in awe at the sight outside my window. Our front porch was completely buried and our side road by our garage hadn't been plowed yet. We were definitely snowed in.

The next morning we ventured out to start clearing digging out. It was fun to get out but it was incredibly cold and beautiful! It was so sunny and hard to believe the day before had been such a storm. Everything was fine, Aaron dug us out, and we survived the big Midwestern snow storm. It was one for the books and very unforgettable.


Dad threw Maggs in the snow!


We have two steps going up to our front porch. The snow was drifted in some places up to 4 feet.

Our front sidewalk. Poor Aaron had to shovel this. Hee hee!


This was a job! It took Aaron a couple of hours to clear our driveway so we could get the cars out.


What a fun adventure! :)

6 comments:

rsheedy said...

Wow! That is definitely a lot of snow. Makes me wanna snuggle with a soft blanket or a cute buddy. :)

All About M.E.('s) said...

What a fun storm! Getting snowed in would be a dream come true for me. I love big snow storms. I was really looking forward to the blizzard of 2010--unfortunately nothing really came of it, but it sounded fun. Maybe next year......
Cute pictures!

Erica said...

Man! I want a snow storm like that. Wish we had some snow...everything is so ugly here. Glad you were prepared!!

Zachary said...

Wow! That is crazy! Poor Aaron and the shoveling! But it looks like it was fun! For everyone else!

Marilyn said...

Wish I could have been there to play in the snow! Love you bunches!
Grandma

Sharla said...

what a crazy storm!! I live in Utah, but in the Southern part, so we don't get snow too often. Your pictures are beautiful though and all that snow leaves a quiet, serene feel to the area.

I've enjoyed your blog and gave you a blog award over at my blog!

Hope you stay warm!