Saturday, April 9, 2011

Just livin' it up...

I guess I should be better at updating this blog namely because we live so far away from "home" and the peeps at "home" wonder what the heck we do in Missouri. Well, not much. But we are livin' it up, enjoying life, and just trying to survive this med school business.

Coming into this we knew it was going to be challenging, but we have been humbled in many ways and have learned that this is much more than challenging. But we are taking it one day at a time and have confidence that this will all be worth it. In the meantime between tests and finals we live. Or at least try to.

I have enjoyed spending my days with Maggs. The other day I was sad at the thought of her leaving me for Kindergarten. They have all day Kindergarten here. I'm not sure I'm ready to let her go. I've loved being home with her this year. She is such a sweet funny girl.


B on the other hand is on the downhill slope of his 1st grade year. He has really taken off in reading. He is still active, adventurous, and inquisitive. I love this boy of my mine. Stay tuned for some baseball pics. He starts in a couple of weeks.

Check out toothless! He finally lost that top tooth.

Me...I've been busy being prego. I'm not sure if it's because I'm in my thirties or because this is my third kiddo, but it's been rough. Call me a complainer, but then I might punch you. So better not. :) I'm due July 2nd, so 12 more weeks. I'll try to wait patiently. I've been busy blogging with my sis, scrapbbooking, and keeping up with the kids. I've also met some pretty cool gals here going through the same schtuff we are. We craft together, do lunch, workout, and have lots and lots of playdates. It keeps us busy and sane. Sane is good. You know?

Anyhoo, I'd like to be better at taking photos. I used to be good at it, remember? Let's see if I can work that out. Until next time...

11 comments:

Allie said...

I miss ya and think about you often! Hope things are ok out there! I love reading your blog u do with Erica . You two are both so talented! Love ya!

whitney said...

yay! for a catch-up!

Double-yay! for the pregnancy! I just heard not too long ago. I'm due June 23rd, so our kiddos will be close in age. Congrats!

To be honest, I'm a little jealous of your whole-day Kindergarten there. We have half-day here and Ezra (but mostly I) would just love the whole-day. Guess that's the difference w/him being my oldest, huh?

I'm so glad you have lots of great friends to hang out with, that makes all the difference in the world when you're away from family.

Mindy said...

Cute kids! Your little girl is going to be a heart-breaker!

K.E.N said...

When are you doing lunch and why haven't I been invited? ;) good to see something on your blog again...I've been waiting.

The Baldwin's said...

so glad you are doing well monica and having lots of playdates, i miss those special kirksville moments :)

Robert and Kristen said...

I didn't know you were expecting! Congrats, do you know if it is a boy or a girl?

Erica said...

I love the pictures of the kiddos. I miss you like crazy! Keep the blog updated. I like to see what's going on in the crazy town of Kirksville. :o) Love you!

The Wright's said...

I promise this experience will be worth it. You will get back "Home" and realize it was the best years of your life. At least it was in my experience! :) Love, love, love your family.

Jenn Cranney said...

i just love you! You have a great time in kirksville and don't you forget it! I LOVE maggie when she was little! WHAT A CUTIE!!!

Marilyn said...

Just noticed your blog...so fun to see a Missouri report and the cute pictures! Those two kids are adorable. Can't wait to see you in June:)
Love, Grandma

Smiley Family said...

How did I miss this post?! So nice to see an update! I won't ever get used to you guys being away and can't wait for the day you are back "home"!! I so miss our playdates but am so glad you are having so many there. We are counting down the days until you are here this summer and I can not wait to meet that little one! My third pregnancy was by far harder than the first two, but worth it! Love you :o) Give us another update!