Thursday, May 26, 2011

Time Flies...

Whoa, time flies when you're having fun. They're not kidding! April and May have zoomed by and kept me busy between a birthday, dance, baseball, and being prego. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with being a single mom. (Just in case you though Aaron and I split, we didn't, he's just in medical school. Phew! We still really like each other.) We are getting by though and with only 5 weeks left till our life gets really crazy I thought I better get updated on the ole blog.

Okay, April was filled with crazy weather and preparing for Maggers birthday. It went well. I love making my kiddos feel special. We started her day with her favorite breakfast of Hootenanny Pancakes and Sausage. In between tests and studying Aaron gave Ben's old bike a makeover and it turned out adorably pink. Maggers loved it and was excited to have her own bike. I just realized I haven't got a picture of that yet. Will do. We pretty much spent the day together getting ready for her birthday party. That night we went to Wendy's for dinner and went to a movie together. We never get to go out and see movies anymore so that was a treat.

Maggers wanted a tea set for Christmas and so I wasn't surprised when she told me she wanted a tea party. I thought it was a great idea! Luckily for me my niece also wanted a tea party and her birthday is in March. So, this party was pretty painless with most of the planning already done. Thanks Jame! Overall the girls had fun being primp and proper. Really they giggled a lot and burped at the table. Oh well, so much for manners!

Here are some photos of the girls. :)

My beautiful baby girl. Seriously, it kills me she is this big.

Oh so primp and proper. :)

B was our little waiter. He'll say he didn't love it but he really did. He took it very seriously and was adorable.

I adore this smile.

Making a wish.

She had a great time. You can see more party details HERE at my other blog. 

As for May we've been winding down school. B is almost done with his school year and is excited and sad to be done with first grade. He has really grown up a lot recently. I think Spring and warm weather has done him some good. He loves to play outside and is really loving baseball. I've been amazed with how quickly he has picked up the game and is doing a great job. Pictures coming soon.

B with his teacher after his Portfolio Celebration!

Aaron is also almost done with his 3rd quarter in medical school. His last final is tomorrow and I'm super proud of him. He works so hard and deserves a good break.

Last week was Maggs' dance recital. She loves to dance and was so excited to get on stage. She was adorable and did a great job. We were very proud of her.

I really need to learn how to take photos in big dark spaces. Sorry for the quality.

Lil' Lady Bug

 
I can hardly get this girl to smile for me anymore with the camera. But...

she was hammin' it up for B. Whatever. :)

We are doing well in Missouri. Just pluggin' along enjoying life. I can't believe we've almost been here a year. It really has flown by. Until next time! :)

8 comments:

rsheedy said...

You have such a cute family. I can't believe how grown up your kids look. Crazy! Also, I really love your blog design. Super cute!

K.E.N said...

LOVE YOU! And I'm so glad that you've been here this year...you've made a lot of things worth it.

Jamie said...

Thanks for the update! Cute, cute!

Allie said...

Man! I have been waiting for an update! I am glad things are going well! Maggie is so beautiful and I love the pic of Ben as the server! Miss ya! And....u only have 5 weeks left?!?!

Mindy said...

Your kids are BEAUTIFUL! So glad you're doing well!

Zachary said...

You've been gone for almost a year? Wow...times does fly!

I can't believe how big your children are getting! They are really growing up!

Tell Aaron good luck! And from what Gretchen has told me about being a Medical Student's wife...I wish YOU all the luck in the world as well.

Smiley Family said...

Great update! That ladybug costume is adorable. Both of your kids are adorable. We miss you guys so much! Enjoy your week with Aaron being off :o)

Marilyn said...

What adorable pictures!!I'm glad the party was a hit. I agree that Ben looked like a perfect server. Maggie was such a cute birthday girl and dancer. Great post,Moni!
Love, Mom