Thursday, November 20, 2008

Holy Cow! Where did November go?!!

Seriously! This month has flown by. I can't even believe next week is Thanksgiving. I don't know if you remember from last year, but I love love love Thanksgiving. Hands down, it's my favorite holiday. And I don't know about you but I'm already giddy with excitement for Christmas! We've already got some shopping done and I have all kinds of plans up my sleeves.

So speaking of Christmas, there is this little website I love called Youcanmakethis.com. It has lots of fun patterns for boutique type clothing. I absolutely adore all the cute skirts and girlie clothes. I sewed this for Maggie's birthday and I did a couple for Madi and Reagan for their birthdays. These are so easy to sew up and are stinkin' cute. I have made two of these for a friend to use in her photography. They are beautiful and I eventually plan on making one for Maggers. I've also done this and this for Maggie for her first birthday and Halloween last year. What's great about these patterns is you can use them over and over again unlike paper patterns once you cut they are only good for that size or smaller.

So do you get the point? I love the website. Anyhoo, I get their newletter in my inbox and they made an announcement for a challenge called Thrifty under Fifty. I quickly read through it and decided to apply expecting nothing. I never win anything and really have quite terrible luck. Well, I was chosen for a reason I will never understand. I totally assumed only 50 people applied and they had no choice but to pick me. I was very surprised to hear over 300 people applied. Cool, eh? So I'm 1 of 50 women (and a man from what I hear) that are taking on a challenge to make handmade gifts for as many people as we can for $50.00. That is quite a feat and an undertaking. But I love to sew and I love to digi scrap so the challenge I will accept. You can follow my progress on my blog and follow others progress by clicking on the button on the right. They are giving out free patterns, fabric, and cash prizes! Woohoo for me!

Here are a few pics of Maggers wearing some of the things I've made from YCMT.

7 comments:

rsheedy said...

Congratulations; that is awesome! I'm excited to see your progress. You are so stinking talented. :)

All About M.E.('s) said...

Monica-that is so cool! I can't wait to see what you do.

The Lund Five said...

Congratulations!! I wish you lots of luck!

The Carter Family: said...

That is super awesome! And, I am going to go and check out that site, maybe it will give me some motivation because all of Maggie's outfits are sooooo cute!!

Austin and Maren said...

Hey Monica,
This is Maren from SLL and i guess girls camp too! :) I got to your blog from Jamie's. I was wondering what program you use to do digital scrapbooking? I have wanted to do it for sometime now, but I am not sure what a good program to buy would be. If you wouldn't mind e-mailing me and letting me know I would really appreciate that. Thanks so much!
Maren
shortty12@hotmail.com

Smiley Family said...

You DO NOT give yourself enough credit! You are SUPER talented and that is why you were picked. You will do an awesome job! I am just excited that you have my name for Christmas!! Lucky me!!!

Chrissy said...

Oh my gosh those clothes are to die for! Those are so cute! You don't sell any of these do you?