Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Feb. 23-Mar. 1, 2009

Feb. 23
B is definitely dominating this week. I'm not sure why. It could be because he is so darn cute. At some point I needed to document one of B's favorite past times. Now this kid is active. He loves to run, climb, and jump. He also really likes to play the Wii and occasionally some computer games. I have never been fond of this passion of his, but what do you do, you know? He enjoys it. We limit his time and it is a great reinforcer for good behavior. And this is terrible, but it is also a pretty good consequence when he is being naughty. He hates losing his games. We sure love this little guy. He is such an active, sweet, and sensitive little guy. He really does have a heart of gold.

Feb. 24
Spring is right around the corner and we've had a few warm day here and there. When it is warm B is itching to go outside. He loves to ride his bike, his scooter, or just doing "boy" stuff. He loves to throw rocks and play in the dirt. We have this old push broom that he loves to "sweep" with. He loves to feel like he is helping in any way he can.

Feb. 25

In an earlier post I mentioned what a little tornado Sis was. Well, every once in awhile she makes organized mess. Someone left the "random" drawer open and of course Sis helped herself. She was playing with a bucket of "randoms" when I went to check on her. I found everything in the bucket all neatly sorted in little piles. What a cutie. She is actually an excellent sorter. When she was 18 months old B was playing with his colored bears. It is a sorting activity where you put a colored bear in the corresponding colored cup. Sis toddled over and started sorting. She didn't get one wrong and I remember being impressed by her skill. (Disclaimer: being a special educator, everything my children do amaze me.)

Feb. 26
As mentioned before, B is my sensitive little guy. He does NOT like to be teased. I know, no kid likes to be teased, but he especially takes teasing hard. I'm not sure what even happened this day, but B was not happy. He did not want his picture taken and I was just trying to cheer him up. I was tickling and playing with him until I finally got a smile. I just held up my camera and this is what I got. It's not the best picture but I love his sweet little smile and the tears on his face.

Feb. 27
B had what used to be a purple spiky ball he got for Christmas. You've all see these. Well, if your kids are like mine then they never play with toys the way they are intended to be played with. They like the boxes more or they destroy the toy to "play" with and discover it in different ways. Well, instead of tossing this ball like it was intended he would pull off the spikes and flick them all over the house. At one point I cleaned them up and told him if he didn't stop trashing the ball I was going to throw it away. It wasn't long after I found little purple spikes all over the house. I popped it and was going to throw it away. B was not upset at all and thought it would make a better hat than a ball anyway. So much for natural consequences!

Feb. 28
Grandpa and Grandma watched the kids again this day. When we came back B was "helping" Grandpa in the yard. Bob has a beautiful yard and when I see him out laboring away I get giddy. Spring is right around the corner!

Mar. 1
I teach primary. This has actually been a pretty difficult job for me. Let's just say I'm learning a lot. I'm a procrastinator too. The only thing I like about the 1:00 block is the fact that I can wake up Sunday morning and prepare my lesson. Thanks goodness for Sugardoodle.com.

Alrighty, another week down. Hello March, bring on Spring!

9 comments:

Mindy said...

Your little man reminds me so much of my Kevin. I bet they would be such good friends! He's adorable.

Smiley Family said...

Great week - again! You are a great photographer. Love Ben's ball head, what a crack-up!

rsheedy said...

I also love your photos; you have some great ones! Love the ball hat; that photo rocks. You're so talented!

All About M.E.('s) said...

I read your post this morning before I went to work, but didn't have time to comment, which really sucks because I find real satisfaction in being the first to comment. But, at least it was another Mindy that got the coveted first comment spot.
Anyway, I love the happy yet sad pic of Ben. So cute! Really, great pictures all around.

Erica said...

Good stuff, sis. You are such a great mom. Benny is quite the character. Cute lil' guy.

Ashley Rae said...

LOL to the disclaimer. I guess that would make everything your kids do extra amazing. But your kids are definitely smart. And cute :)

And Amen to the 1:00 church... I don't like it, but it sure is useful when you've procrastinated preparing your lesson...

Esther said...

He is a character! Those are great pictures!!

The Wright's said...

I think it's great that one child dominates. Some weeks they need that. Love your photos.

whitney said...

I LOVE your blog. I truly do. You always help to remind me to look for the photo-worthiness in each moment, if that makes sense. Thank you for that.

As for the ball-the kids have one of those and they misuse it too.