I've been scrapbooking for about 14 years. I started when I was a senior in high school when I came up with a brilliant idea to make my mom a photo album for Christmas. I used cardstock, glue, pens, and stickers. I honestly thought I somewhat invented modern day scrapbooking. Ha ha. I was surprised to find out that others were doing it too! This was about the same time that Lisa Bearnson started Creating Keepsakes. I think if I had been a little wiser, been a little more innovative, and actually had some money I could have jumped in and made some money on this scrapbooking business. Oh well, opportunities missed. :)
Some people think scrapbooking is hokey, others think it's a waste of time. I think it's a creative outlet for me and a great way to document my family history. My scrapbooking has come a long way from those sticker days. I cringe when I look at that first album I made for my mother. It is special to her though (even though it is horrendous). About three years ago I had been hearing more and more about digital scrapbooking. I was no way going to get involved and thought it was somewhat of a betrayal to my paper scrapping roots. Well, in 2008 I was becoming more and more intrigued by the idea of a no mess way to scrapbook and was tempted by this person's work. In doing research on the web I came across Jessica Sprague's website. I signed up for the first class and became addicted to digi scrapping.
Fast forward to the past few weeks. The beginning of April Jessica announced a Creative Team Search. For those that don't know, a Creative Team produces layouts or projects to showcase products from the website. In turn members of the team receive free product and kinda get their name out there. Anyhoo, (sorry this is getting long) I entered and today I found out that I was accepted. Yup! Little ole me. I feel very honored and quite humbled. I estimated that around 150 people applied and they accepted 20. I'm excited. :) Anyway, here are the 3 projects I entered. Can't wait to share more of the fun things I'll be doing as part of the Jessica Sprague Creative Team. Yay!



17 comments:
How awesome is that? You are amazing!! Loved being able to see you the other night, and hope we can get together again soon!
Seriously so cool! Can't wait to see what you do with all the fun new products!
I'm so excited for you and also excited to see all your new creations! You deserve it! You are so talented. Love you.
Oh YAY!!! I'm seriously so excited for you. You definitely deserve it!! You are one talented woman and I'm excited to be your digi-scrap buddy. Woohoo!
Woo-hoo! That is awesome - way 2 go!
PS - No wonder you were picked - your entries were stinkin' cute!!!
Woo hoo!! You are so freaking talented. Those are extremely adorable.
I saw Rachael's comment on facebook and I had a hunch that this is what is was about. Good move on their part, you will be a huge asset!
Cho, that is awesome! I want to hire you to scrapbook for me! I am just not that creative.
I love those pages! I wish I had a knack for scrapbooking but I don't, dang it. You, on the other hand, are so talented at anything crafty! I'm jealous :)
Oh yeah and congratulations! I am super excited for you!!! :)
Oh yeah - SOOO excited to have you join the CT :D Had no idea you were cousins with the famous Rachael Sheedy ;-)!! Got anymore fam members who scrap?? Congrats Monica!
Congratulations, that's so amazing!
hi monica, just passing by to say CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the team! see you on the spraground! :D - liv
Those are really beautiful
Congrats!! What a honor!!! Can't wait to see all of your creations!! BTW Love the ones you entered. I need to learn from you before you move far, far away!! LUV U!! :)
Congrats Monica. I have always knew that you have had it in you and loved your layouts!
Beautiful layouts! I bet it took you forever! How do you ever find the time. Now I have no excuse. You are simply amazing!
Post a Comment