I used to be somewhat of a scrooge. I don't know. Christmas seemed to me to be way too commercialized and it perturbed me to see how people seemed to treat each other during all the holiday rush. I guess it kind of ruined it for me. Having kids totally changes that. My kids help me see past all that. I love Christmas now and I can't wait. They make it magical, like when I was a child. It brings back the memories of anticipation and all the excitement that surrounds it. I just love how excited they get.
Monday night we went to the annual Lifferth Christmas party. It was good times had by all. Santa made a surprise visit. Watching Ben's reaction to Santa was it for me. Seeing his face has already made this year worth all the rush and grumpy people out there. I love my boy.
Here are some pictures of the event. Ben loved sitting on Santa's lap, Maggie, well, not so much.
I hope everyone else out there is soaking this all in. Really, this time of year is fabulous.
Friday, December 7, 2007
It's coming, and I'm excited!
Posted by
Monica Lifferth
at
3:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Christmas season is the BEST!!! I love having little kids and seeing the season through their eyes! Treyton just loves Christmas and every day we turn on Christmas songs and sing our hearts out, he tells me, "Mom...I LOVE Christmas season!"
I love the picture of Magsters...That is hilarious! Cute kids...wish you were closer so we could spend a day making butt load of Christmas candy! *hugs*
I agree, kids make the holidays 10x more fun. Ben reaction to Santa was priceless! That was sure a fun night. I am so glad you came even though Aaron bummed out on us:)
Your kids are so cute Monica! You know every kid usually has that one year where they freaked out on Santa's lap. Even when it's their Grandpa dressed as Santa! I love the holidays so much and I love seeing my family happy, so I think Christmas is such a blast.
Kids bring back the magic, isn't it amazing! Hey, Allie, Kim and I want to get together,when works for you? And do you want to do families & Husbands? Let me know!
Cheryl
Poor Maggie. That picture is classic though.
Those pictures are cute, give maggie one more year and she will LOVE santa.
Ben looks thrilled!! He is such a cutie!! Poor Maggie, I was expecting the same reaction from Bridger boy, but he didn't even care. Crazy eh?
I'm glad that you've come around and decided to like the Christmas season, although I don't remember you ever being a scrooge. I wish I had seen Ben's reaction to Santa. What a cute kid! And Maggie-everyone should have a picture of themselves screaming on Santa's lap-she's pretty darn cute too!
Post a Comment