Wednesday, December 5, 2007

C'mon! Are you kidding?!



I have been tagged, not once but twice. Can you tell how overjoyed I am? You know those emails that say, "If you believe in God, you must send this to 10 people"? Or the "You will have good luck today if you send this to all your friends". I hate those emails and I get great joy out of pushing my big fat delete button. Although I love the two gals who tagged me very very much, (Did I say very?) I am going to respond to the tags but I'm not going to tag anyone else. Every party has a pooper and well, I guess you can call me a pooper. I promise, life will go on, I believe in God, and I just may have good luck today. :)

Here I go...

Tag #1
How long have you been together? Almost 9 years.
How long did you date? Ummm, I don't like to answer this one. Before we were engaged or before we got married? Let's take the latter. 9 months.
Who eats more? Depends on the day and what's on my plate.
Who said I love you first? To be honest, I have no clue. Probably me.
Who is taller? Aaron by 1 inch.
Who sings better? Hello? Have you heard me sing?
Who is smarter? Aaron is much smarter than I am book wise, but when it comes to everyday smart, that would be me baby.
Who does the laundry? Mostly me, but he helps.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Aaron
Who pays the bills? If I didn't pay the bills, no one would pay the bills. Aaron--"Bills, what bills?"
Who mows the lawn? Aaron, although I mowed many lawns in my day.
Who cooks dinner? We both do. Aaron really is a great cook.
Who drives when you are together? 99% of the time Aaron does.
Who is more stubborn? Definitely Aaron. Seriously, I used to think I was but then I met Aaron. He is a good debater. Maybe it is a Lifferth trait? (Said in the nicest possible way.)
Who kissed who first? We both did.
Who asked who out? Aaron asked me out. Blind date.
Who proposed? If you call it a proposal, I guess that would be Aaron. :)
Who is more sensitive? Definitely me. I cry way too much. My dad always said I needed to toughen up.
Who has more siblings? Aaron-4 Me-2
Who wears the pants in the family? For the most part things are pretty even although for trivial things we do what Aaron wants. I'm just too laid back.

Tag #2
6 Things you Ought to Know About Me.
1. Just like my good friend Anne, I was Homecoming Royalty in High School. Yup. Me. Surprised? So was I! I sat next to two beauties in their gorgeous dresses on top of a convertible car in the Homecoming parade. All I could think about was how I could keep from slipping of the trunk of this thing and I couldn't wait to get back in my baggy jeans and t-shirt. Ahhh, good memories.

2. I used to have hair all the way to my butt. I loved that hair. Why did I cut it?

3. I'm a bug. In my right eye I have 3 black spots in a row on the iris below my pupil. I told my sister once that I was part bug and they are my extra pupils. I know, I'm hilarious. Check them out next time you see me. They really are cool.

4. Speaking of my eyes, when I was little I poked myself in the eyeball with a needle. Youch! I wanted to be like my mom. She used to separate her eyelashes with a pin. I must have watched her doing her makeup often enough to try it. I'm careful about what I do to my face now that little Maggie will sit and intently watch me. Hint for the wise (and not so wise), don't put a pin anywhere near your eyeball.

5. Recently I got to sit in the jumpseat of a KC-135. I know you are jealous, right? For those that don't know, the jumpseat is right behind the pilot seats in the cockpit. I had headphones and everything. I sat there chattin' it up with the pilots. I'm so cool. :)

6. I become emotionally attached to inanimate objects. I used to have a really hard time throwing things away but I've gotten much better at this. I get sad when old buildings get torn down, feel terrible when I trade in an old vehicle, and get a little blue when I put away baby clothes. I've decided it's not the object that I love, but the memories behind them. I'm a sap, what can I say?

Anyway that is it! I think I actually had fun doing this. Another thing about me, I'm pretty good at admitting when I'm wrong. Aaron wouldn't agree.

*Disclaimer* Aaron said my intro is kind of rude. It really truly wasn't meant that way. Hope no one was offended. Just having fun.

12 comments:

Princess said...

It wasn't rude, and I would know as I am a very nice person! Maybe you got the "bugs" in your eye from the needle? I like to learn facts like this, thanks Monica!

Jamie said...

Um, too funny, in high school I was seperating my eyelashes with a pin (also learned from my mom) and poked myself in the eye. Have never done that again, who cares if the stupid things clump together.

Smiley Family said...

It wasn't your intro that was rude, it was the "stubborn being a Lifferth trait" that got me...it's a good thing I like you.

Erica said...

That was funny. I never knew you poked your eye. That's gross...and I still don't believe your a bug and I still believe that you draw that dot on your pinky when it starts wearing off. I love you, Sis.

The Carter Family: said...

I'm glad you responded to the tags and weren't too much of a party poop! It was fun to learn more about you!

Nathan and Esther said...

That was neat about you being royalty. I think I secretly dreamed about being homecoming queen, but I knew it would NEVER happen. It was fun to get to know more about you.

Crazy Lifferths said...

Thanks for responding to whoever tagged you...it was good to get to know you more!!

rsheedy said...

I feel the same way about those "do not delete" emails...and also about this tagging business, lol. But, like you, I thought it ended up being kinda fun. Plus, I love reading everyone else's, so I guess it's worth it in the end! :)

Anonymous said...

Did you poke yourself in the same eye that has the dots? Is that where the dots came from? Just sort of wondering to myself as I sit here typing away in this completely digital domain.

Adrianne said...

Oh, Moni that made me miss you! You were the prettiest one in the royalty :) I laughed out loud reading the intro...so incredibly true. Every time I think...hmmmm...I really don't think a plane is going to come crashing into my house...but what they heck-let's see if it might-delete! :) LOVE YOU TONS!!! Did you get my text?

annek said...

Thanks for sharing...who knew we were both royalty...ha ha!! I don't think I've ever noticed your eye, pretty cool!

Fish said...

I have already noticed those little dots in your eye. I just thought it was because you were a little strange ;-)