Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My new love...


If you haven't had the opportunity to see "Hairspray" then you need to jump up right now and get your fanny on over to pick it up. This is seriously my new favorite movie. I saw this movie in the theatre with my sister. We both loved it. We walked out of that theatre dancing and singing. If you've read my previous posts then you know I love to dance and sing.

I have now purchased the movie and lets just say I'm driving my family crazy with all my singing. I know only some of the words so they hear a lot of "round one, na na na na na na na, round two, na na na na na na na na" I go on all day like this. Since then Aaron made me sit and listen to this particular song until I had the words memorized. Now he gets to hear the whole thing!

Anyway, if you haven't figured it out yet, this is a musical. If you don't like musicals then it's probably not for you. If you loved Grease then you will love this one too. It is so funny and heartwarming. You also get to see John Travolta dressed as an overweight woman. Love it!

Go grab it and let me know what you think!

9 comments:

The Carter Family: said...

I definitely want to check it out-but it just might be on a night when my husband isn't around, he doesn't like musicals!!

Erica said...

Oh...you have no idea how mad I want that movie now. I'd be watching it every day too! I am still singing the songs and it's been almost a weeks since I seen it last. I have to soundtrack...i'll burn a cd for you! :o) Jason doesn't like musicals either, but he liked it! It's an amazing movie!

Mark Nott said...

Everyone said that John Travolta stole the show but I thought the girl who played Tracy was the most amazing.

Allie said...

I LOVE this show! I am going to rent it this weekend and Jade and I are going to watch it. I think she'll like it because I play the soundtrack in the car and she sings along! I'm thinking it may be a Christmas present!

Smiley Family said...

I still need to see it - maybe you would let me borrow it :) I promise to be nice! I think the makeup job they did on John is awesome. He really does look feminine, except for the hands. Those are definite man hands!

Nathan and Esther said...

I want to see that movie also, but I'm with ruth, I don't think my hubby would go for it. I might have to bribe him with chocolate...

Anonymous said...

Moni, We wanted to rent that movie for Thanksgiving but Jake wouldn't go along with our plan. Maybe we could borrow yours sometime...when you're not watching it, that is.
Love, Mom

All About M.E.('s) said...

I still think that it is weird that John Travolta wanted to go through hours of make-up every day just to make himself look like a girl. It seems like it would have been more cost effective to just, I don't know, get an chubby lady to play the part of a chubby lady? But, that aside, I would like to see the movie also. Maybe after everyone else is finished borrowing it, I could borrow it? We'll trade-you can borrow Peter Pan (Madi has been watching Peter Pan non-stop and I need a break from it).

annek said...

It was pretty good, I got a good laugh out of it!! I'm not sure what Rusty thought though. ;)

You've been tagged! Sorry, I had to do it. Have fun!