Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day 16 and a whole lot of randomness

I'm a little random today. I guess I have a lot to share. First, here is my day 16 layout. I am having so much fun scrapping pink. The paper is so fun to work with and I don't feel guilty about using so much ribbon on a girly page. With Ben's book I always felt bad putting ribbon on his pages. I had to make it look as boyish as possible. With Maggs it is ribbon galore. I'm loving it. If you ever want to know about any of the products I'm using, just ask, I would love to share.


Next, we had book club last night. We read the book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I hadn't finished the book because of a busy January, but we had a wonderful discussion. It is a book about a woman's growth in life. She visits three countries and in the process finds herself. I think overall the group would definately reccommend the book. Some of us had a hard time getting sucked into the story and others couldn't put it down. I am going to copy my sister-in-law and have the current book of the month so if you would like you can follow along. The next book is The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards.

Last but not least, I found a treasure today. Every once in awhile we all get in the car and take a trip to the D.I. Aaron usually finds things to paint and I enjoy looking through the racks and shelves for a lost treasure. I usually will leave with nothing and it was looking that way again when a beam of light came from above and landed right on a board game. Yes, seriously, a board game.

I would say about two years ago, Aaron and I played the game Curses with a group of friends in Idaho. It was great. I enjoyed myself so much I looked for it when we got home. I went to the store first and found out it had been discontinued. I looked on ebay, amazon, and toys r us and had no luck. I was bummed, but forgot about it. Today I found it and at the D.I. no less. I ripped it open, it had the directions and all the cards. All mine for $2.00. Woohoo!

Well, as I was writing this I thought I would look again online. I googled it and found a whole bunch for sale. What?! Oh well, you can't beat 2 bucks! Has anyone played this game? Tell me what you think!






12 comments:

Zachary said...

Congrats on finding the game! That looks like a lot of fun. I have never played it...but anything with cursing has got to be good! Dag-nabbit!

Amber said...

Curses is the funnest game! Definitely gets you out of your comfort zone!!! $2- now that is a good find! I just finished reading that book Eat, Pray, Love and really liked it! It was definitely a quick read- I couldn't put it down.

Erica said...

Wow...guess i should start reading up and get started on the new book. I've never played the game. You'll have to bring it home to play next time. Love ya!

Adrianne said...

I remember laughing pretty stinking hard when we played that game! We need to do it again. I have heard a lot about that book. I want to know more what you thought of it.

The Lund Five said...

Cute scrapbook page. I have never played that game before, but it looks like it would be fun. I haven't been to D.I for years. I should go again. My sister-in-law Emily found a little baby 4 wheeler there for $3.00. What a bargin. It looks to be in good condition too!

Princess said...

I have never played the game nor even heard of it! I LOVE putting ribbons on my stuff so I know how you feel!

Craig Lifferth said...

I love that game. Its so much fun! Nice job on finding it for only 2 bucks.

All About M.E.('s) said...

I've never heard of it. I've NEVER cursed in my life, but now seems like a good time to start. Let's play.

P.S. cute page!

Nathan and Esther said...

your pages are so stinkin cute! I've never played that game either, but hey anything for 2 dollars is quite a steal!

The Wright's said...

I have never played it, but I am game to trying! I LOVE a good find. and I love your pages!

Hello! said...

I'm glad you're not the only one who likes to look through the stuff at DI. When I can stomach the weird smell I find it fascinating what people donate.

rsheedy said...

I'm jealous that you get to scrapbook for such a cute little girl. I always buy random cutesy girl stuff because, well, it's cute! But then I have no use for it. Now, at least, I can give it to Esther!

The game looks interesting. I'm afraid I might turn into a cursing fool, though...