Friday, February 22, 2008

My Latest Creation

Here is my latest creation. I did this pretty quickly with the help of my brother-in-law Marty. He bound it for me, which brings me to a small vent. This was a Maya Road chipboard binder. It had a 3 ring binder in it and 8 chipboard pages. I wallpapered all the pages and used flat embellishments. After 7 hours of time and effort, I was proud of my little project. I put the pages in the binder and of course with my luck, they didn't close. I was pretty annoyed. Anyhoo, Aaron cut off the rings and Marty coil bound it for me. Thanks Marty.

This was a gift for my sister for her birthday consisting of my favorite recipes. Mostly recipes from my mother-in-law. It is so nice to have recipes handed down to me.

I am enjoying a wonderful weekend in Idaho with my family. I will post pictures tomorrow of our snowmobiling and sledding today. It is so nice to get out of the smog and busyness. I love the fresh air and quiet.

6 comments:

The Lund Five said...

That is really cute! I think that it looks good coil bound!

Princess said...

I LOVE that! What a great idea! I may have to steal it! Be glad your missing the smog, and I can't wait to see your pic's!

Nathan and Esther said...

Awesome job on the book! what a great idea. I am very jealous you are away from the city, enjoy it while you can!

Zachary said...

Good work on the book! Can't wait to see the Idaho pictures!

Erica said...

Thanks again, Sis, for the AWESOME gift! I absolutely love it and can't wait to try some recipes with my family. I had fun hanging with you and your little family! I have the best sister in the world. Love you tons!

rsheedy said...

Your book is super cute!! I love it! And you know, I've had the same problem with the Maya Road albums. You go to all that work, and then the darn thing doesn't close all the way. It really drives me nuts...at least you were able to resolve the problem. I love the spiral binding, it looks great!