I have been having a blogging lull. It kind of goes along with my last post. I just don't feel like doing the mundane. The everyday inside the house, looking out the window longing for Spring kind of stuff. There is one thing that I am really enjoying inside the house and that my dears is sewing. I have been sewing away. First, I made what is called a pettiskirt. I made it for my friend who takes fabulous photos. I will post more on her when she posts pictures of the skirt.
I also sewed Maggie's Easter dress this year. More on that later also.
And here are a couple of handbags using an Amy Butler pattern. I had so much fun with these. I think they turned out beautiful. One is for me and one is for the craft table at the annual Ruby's Inn Retreat. I actually do have pictures to show you.
Which brings me to another thing. We are going on vacation! Yay! Every year Aaron's extended family meets down South by Bryce Canyon for a weekend full of lots of visiting, hiking, resting, and of course eating. We are very excited for a break from the "mundane" and stir life up a little. I will definitely be posting about the trip.
Now for a random picture for a random post. I'm sure they will be very embarrassed someday that they were hugging in the bath. Ewwww. Love you all! Have a great Spring Break!
Don't you just love bath pictures?
6 comments:
Sweeeeeeet! I love the bags. I want one for myself! SO CUTE! You amaze me. It's funny that we were raised by a dude and we are so girly! Why is that? I want to learn to sew. I got good grades in Home Ec doing stuff like that...so I think I could learn. Good job again, sis! Love ya!
I love those bags! You told me I should take a sewing class to at least learn the basics, was that an offer? ;) Have a great vacation!
Cute! Now post your other projects so we can drool over them too. Sewing is one project I
haven't tackled yet, even though my mother tried to teach me. Someday.
Those bags are super cute! How difficult are they? I can sew a bit and follow a pattern, with a few minor mistakes. What do you think? I'm impressed, are you super mom or what!
So awesome to see you at Ruby's Inn!! Your kids are adorable. I already miss you guys.
I LOVE the bags! They are so dang cute! We need to get together again soon!
Post a Comment