Thursday, June 5, 2008

The End of Spring...

Well two things have marked the end of Spring for us. They would be the end of t-ball and pre-school graduation. I am that dorky mom that actually gets teary eyed watching my son graduate from pre-school. It is just so rewarding to see my little man sitting on stage. It is hard to believe how grown up he is.




Now if you have never seen a t-ball game, I reccommend you go. They are a riot. The first game is the best. Most of the kids have never played. They have no clue which gives the fans quite an entertainment show. All the kids chase the ball including the batter. Some run to first, some run straight to third, and others just run and run way out into the field when everyone is yelling "Stop!". The kids roll around on the grass, wrestle, talk, and pretty much do anything but pay attention. When batting they hit the tee over and over and over again. And they endure all of this for a juice box and some fruit snacks afterwards. Seriously, a riot.

Ben did learn a lot and I think had a great time. I think we'll definitely try it again.

Well on to summer. Swimming lessons begin soon and a whole summer of fun. I can't wait!

11 comments:

Erica said...

Oh my hell! Cute post. You are such a great Mom! I get teary eyed over stuff like that too. I can't believe Benny is almost 5. Crazy. Where does time go? Love ya!

Mark Nott said...

That crowd looks dangerously close to a kid swinging a bat! But maybe the thought of a bat slipping out of a kids hands, and spinning towards you, just adds to the atmosphere you were talking about.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Great post. I know, without a doubt, that I will get teary eyed when Madi graduates from pre-school too! It's a milestone and it means that they are growing up-a bittersweet moment. I love your T-ball pictures-they are classic. Ben looks so handsome in his cute little tie and cap. What a great kid you have!

Jamie said...

Seriously cute pics! I think we will try Karlee in T-ball.

The Lund Five said...

Very cute post! You got some great pictures. I really need to get my kids in different things like that. It looks fun! By the way, I am not on your link list.

Smiley Family said...

My first thought - Ben sure does look handsome in that shirt and tie! I bet Jen will be sooo jealous! ;0)

Second thought - I am really sad I didn't make it to a t-ball game. It sure does look like a lot of fun and Ben looks like he might go pro someday!

Third thought - ALL your pics are pricless! They sure will make some great digi-scrap pages!!

Zachary said...

Congratulations Ben! That is awesome! Love the t-ball pics too. Kids are awesome. Maybe I will go get one or two.

The Wright's said...

Oh, I get teary-eyed too. Why is it so hard watching them grow up??

sweet nectar sara said...

we just signed easton up for preschool, and it's sad and exciting all at once! i never thought about t-ball, but it looks really fun :)

The Carter Family: said...

Ben does look handsome for graduation! He also looks like a great t-ball player-I guess next year we can get all the kids together and see who still knows how to play!!

annek said...

Wow!! Your kiddos are so grown up! Sounds like summer is here!!