Can you believe it? I can't. My daughter is 4 years old. *sniffles* That is just insane to me. Does life really have to go by so quickly? Sometimes I wish I could just put on the brakes; slow it down for a minute or two.
Sissy turned four this past week. We celebrated on her birthday by going to The Old Spaghetti Factory and then off to see How to Train Your Dragon. The meal was fabulous and the movie was awesome. Loved it. She had a wonderful day.
On Friday we had a family party so we could all celebrate this sweet little girl being on this earth. I made super quick invitations just so they would be done and spent most of my time crafting things for the party. We had homemade corn dogs. You can find the recipe here. They really are so yummy. My mom made her famous shrimp salad and Aaron's mother made her famous potato salad. The food was great but the company greater.
Hello Kitty Cake Pops
Idea from Bakerella.com
I forgot to take pics of my "Happy Birthday" banner. I made it out of felt. It turned out cute.
I also put felt kitty ears and a felt bow on head bands for all the girls. I totally forgot to pass them out! Blah.
We played bean bag games, and a Hello Kitty Bingo Game. The kids all had a good time and Sissy thoroughly enjoyed all the fun presents. Thanks to all of our family. We truly have the best families in the world. We love you all so much and appreciate your love and support in return.
This picture cracks me up. Cousin Trent is 1 and a half years younger than Sissy. What a shortie. :)
Daddy and Sissy
Lots of fun Hello Kitty stuff.
Aunt Mindy sewed this beautiful little pig doll. I'm in love with it. Soooo cute!
Nani and Maggs
So to celebrate my little girl, here are four things I adore about her.
1. This little girl is probably the most lovable child you can or will come in contact with. I think she kisses me one hundred times a day and says "I love you mama" multiple times. Aaron and I tease that we better watch this girl when she gets older because she loves to kiss so much.
2. Sissy is so sweet. She is kind and loves most everyone. Although she can be a sassy pants, she rarely starts arguments with other kids and shares very willingly.
4. She is creative. Her new thing lately is to take a piece of paper, write on it, fold it up into a tiny piece, lick it, then give it to me. So sweet. There is nothing like a wet scribbled on piece of paper. She also likes to cut paper. She will take a piece of paper and cut it into a million pieces. When I ask her what she's doing she will tell me she is making something for Halloween or Christmas. Then she will put all the pieces under her pillow to save for future holidays. What a hoot.
And just a little tidbit. I was doing a craft getting ready for her birthday party and she was touching all my stuff. I said, "I would appreciate it if you didn't touch my things". She said immediately, "Blah, blah, blah. Don't worry about it". Wow, really. Love that girl.
Here is my layout for the week. I am showcasing a kit called Mandarin Breeze by In the Making Design. You can find credits and links here. Have a great week!












7 comments:
Awww...I'm sad I missed the party this year. Looked like TONS of fun! You are amazing, but you should already know that. You are so crafty and do such a great job at everything you do. I can't believe she's 4, either. Time sure does fly. Love you!
I love that cute little sassy girl! She is beautiful, just like her mom!! The party was great and the food delicious. Happy fourth birthday cute Maggie. Love you lots!!
Oh, she is such a beautiful girl! The party looks amazing; your hello kitty pops are perfect! Is there anything you can't do?? And I love that gorgeous doll Mindy made. Happy Birthday Sis!!
Yes, she really is amazingly beautiful. Such gorgeous eyes! And it looks like a fun little birthday party :)
Look at you, all crafty-like! I loved the tissue paper pom poms and the snippet of the banner that I saw.
Happy (belated) Birthday, Big Girl!
ps-you're right, she is a totally gorgeous little girl.
Aaron showed me her hoarding pile under her pillow the other day - hilarious! I love little Mags, she is too stinkin' cute and I just can't stand the though of you guys moving so far away. I am so going to miss seeing you and your kids every week. The party was so fun and your creativity was amazing as usual.
Maggie is one of my favorites! She beautiful AND she's funny. My two favorite combination's! Happy Birthday sweet girl!
Post a Comment