Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Finally...Home Sweet Home

It takes a few weeks to get settled in a home. Including some snags with plumbing. Oh, the joys of owning a home. Anyway, overall we love our little home. Adjusting to a new home is one thing but then having to adjust to a whole new state without our usual comforts of family and familiarities. So far we have encountered a lot of bugs, extreme humidity, and a lot of guys walking around with no shirts (This wouldn't be so bad if they looked like Christian Bale, Ha ha, but they look more like this). But we've also seen lots of green country, beautiful cardinals that feed at our feeders, and some really friendly people. So, with that let me show you our home in Missouri.

When we pulled up mid-July it had been vacant for a month and was really overgrown. We got to work with the help of Aaron's parents and spent a few day cleaning up the house and yard to make it a home.

This is your view when walking in the front door. To the left is the kids' room.
This is looking at the front door from the other direction. I love the large windows.
This is the view from the kids' doorway. It's a big room for them to play in.
View to the right. We are in need of a dresser.
My kitchen. I love the windows. We have a little bird house right outside the window that houses little birds. I love my counterspace. It makes me happy.
This is our multi purpose room. To the left is the washer/dryer. We also have the treadmill in here and Aaron's art stuff. Most importantly, my craft room. :)
Here is our bedroom. It needs some work.
Side of the House with Side Porch and Deck. Aaron is working on a tree swing.
Aaron got this fire place for his birthday. One of his favorite past times in the summer is sitting around a fire visiting and roasting marshmallows. He worked really hard putting in these bricks. These were left over bricks laying around the yard. It is very hot here so we've only used it once, but we're sure to enjoy it in the Fall.
This is probably my favorite part of the house. We have already enjoyed this swing on our porch very much. It is a great place to sit in the early morning to watch squirrels chase each other and the occasional wild rabbit hop through our yard. In the evening we watch the kids catch fireflies. I think a lot of memories will be built right here on this porch.

Well, there you have it! For the next 2-4 years we will be in this home making memories. I'm excited for the ride.

:)

19 comments:

Amber said...

What a cute house! I love it and I love how you decorated it.

Robert and Kristen said...

That is such a cute house! It doesn't surprise me that you have done such a good job decorating it! I also would love a porch swing!

Marilyn said...

The pictures are terrific. It is a very nice home and we are so glad we got to see it in person. You have done an awesome job of decorating and completing projects. We miss you guys so very much and wish we could visit soon!
Love, Mom

Smiley Family said...

Great post Monica! It is an adorable home and I can't wait until I can come see it in person. You guys have done so much to it so far to improve it and I bet your neighbors are glad you came! I just hope you don't have to use that storm cellar too much over the next 2-4 years.

Allie said...

I LOVE it!!! LOVE it! It looks so dang cute and comfy! Hope you are doing well! LOVE it!

Cheryl said...

I love it so much I want to come and visit! It looks so cute, I can't wait to have a cute little home like yours! We miss you tons!! But are glad that you are settling in.

Jamie said...

Very cute - it looks like home sweet home! Wishing you the very best over the next 2 to 4 years!

Crazy Lifferths said...

Super cute! I LOVE it! Good luck to you guys!

The Lund Five said...

Love the house! It is so cute!! We miss you guys a lot and are hoping to make it to Missouri next summer to visit. Great job decorating!!

Erica said...

Super cute, Sis! I love the porch. It looks so homey! Love you, and miss you!

The Baldwin's said...

so so cute Monica! I'm glad you are liking it there! sorry I'm not there for your journey, we just missed ya huh :) good luck getting settled in and meeting new people, you'll love it! ps do you have an invite to my blog? I can't remember, if not, email me gbaldwin519@msn.com my mommy misses you!

JakeLifferth said...

Looks like a great house. Can't wait to come visit.

rsheedy said...

I love it!!! It is super cute...I absolutely love those living room windows too. I'm so excited for you. :)

whitney said...

Ahh, what a sweet little house! I love it! I love all the fun-colored walls.

I had to laugh at all your mentions of the local wildlife. That's one thing that definitely surprised us when we moved out here...bugs, squirrels, rabbits, etc!

Anushka said...

Oh Wow.... you guys truly made it into a beautiful *home*. It sure is beautiful, I love the way you have decorated it. Sure can't wait till we can go visit. I miss you so very much but you moved for a great good reason, just hope time will go by fast. I love you!! Mama

K.E.N said...

Now that we've bowled together we can be blog friends ;) I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE YOU LIVE! Oh, is that creepy? I knew the people who used to live there. I think we will have to hang out for sure. Wohoo Kirksville!

Krazy Keetch's said...

oh my goodness that is one cute house! You are quite the decorater.

I think it would be good for my mom to stay there as well for somewhat of a social life but she is ixnay on the nursing home stay. She feels she is too young to be bunked up with a bunch of oldies. Sorry about your grandpa:( Take care

The Wright's said...

I have ALWAYS preferred midwestern homes to Utah's homes. They just seem so much more homey to me. Weird I know. Maybe it's the greenery or the animals. But I love your house. Love the floors and the porch swing. Congrats on your first home and welcome to the "joys" of home ownership! ;)

Hello! said...

It already looks so great. i can't wait to see what you do to it as time goes on!