Tuesday, April 15, 2008

No Park Today...

so instead, we bake! Or no bake. Whatever. I felt really guilty because I told Ben I would take him to the park today. Well lo and behold, the evil of winter won't let go. It was snowing. Bennie's Aunt Jamie always bakes with him. It's great, he loves it, but whenever he spends a day with Jamie, I hear everyday for a week..."Mommy, can we bake cookies!" I love to bake, don't get me wrong. It's just when I bake, I eat. Bad, bad, bad. Oh well.



Here is more proof of my love for baking. I had to make a cake for guard. I chose to make cupcakes and I think they turned out rather cute. From what I heard, they were pretty good too.

11 comments:

rsheedy said...

This weather really sucks. However, your cupcakes are super cute and look yummy! And, it's cool that Ben likes to cook. You should send him to our house...we could use a cook here! Lol.

Erica said...

HOLY SMACK! Those cupcakes look awesome. Make some next time you are home. Now i'm craving cupcakes. MAN! Thanks a lot! They not only look delicious, but they are beautiful! Great work!

Amber said...

What a cute idea!!! Those cupcakes look divine! And how you got the frosting to look that perfect, I will never know!

Zachary said...

Hey, let's give it up for people who just don't bake (or cook)!

Ok, so I don't do it because I am lazy.

That is awesome that you took time to bake with Ben...he will remember that for a long time.

The Carter Family: said...

Yummy! Those cupcakes do look delicious! And how do you get the frosting looking so perfect? By the way, I still need you to email me (please!) the pattern info for the cute dress that you made Maggie! My sister already gave me the info for the pattern for the cute bag, hopefully we will find material next week and get started on it!!

The Carter Family: said...

Oh, and my email address is ruth_a_carter@hotmail.com Thanks!

Smiley Family said...

Oh man I want one of those cupcakes!! Preferably a white or blue one, because I heard that red frosting is "NASTY!" ;0)

Princess said...

Those cupcakes look awesome! Men make the best cooks I think, so keep up the good work with Ben!

The Carter Family: said...

Hey, Monica! Thanks for the pattern info, copy and paste this link for more info about the rim-run! It would be fun to see you there!!
http://www.rubysinn.com/run.html

annek said...

Bridger is starting to like to bake with me...actually all he does is eat the choc chips!!
Love the cupcakes! You are amazing, can I be like you when I grow up???

Unknown said...

I had one of the red ones and yes it was deliscious.