Friday, October 12, 2007

10 Things I adore about Ben...

These are not in any particular order. I got this idea from my friend Ali's blog.


1. This kid is hilarious. If you know Ben, I think you would definately agree. He says some pretty crazy things. I feel a little guilty I haven't been writing these things down.

2. Mr. Independent. We have been calling him this since he could move. Independence in a child so young can be great and also unbelievably challenging. It definately will be a good thing when he reaches adulthood. The teenage years will be a challenge though. My favorite story proving his independence is when he was almost 2. He fell and hit his head and started whining. I said, "you okay bud? Do you want me to kiss it?" He gave me his mad look and said, "No! I do it!" He then made kissing noises in the air and yelled, "I can't do it!" I still laugh at this.

3. Athletic. Bennie was climbing out of his crib at 18 months. I had to watch him really close or he would be up dancing on the table. He loves to jump and he loves to run. When he was little it was just known never to let Ben out of the shopping cart or he would be gone. His little legs would go so fast with his arms straight down at his sides. He has won the 4th of July race 3 years in a row for his age group including the crawling race. My little speed demon.

4. Polite. This varies from minute to minute, but for the most part Ben is very polite. From the time he was little he would say please and thank you. Many times I go to remind him to say thanks and he has beat me to it. I'm proud of him for this.

5. He is loveable. I love Ben's hugs and kisses. Everytime I hold him in my arms, I am amazed at how tall and skinny he is. What happened to my chubby thighed little boy?

6. So sensitive. This can be a good thing and bad thing too. He is comforting when others are sad and has a meltdown if he is the reason for their sadness. He hates to hurt others feelings. This will be a good quality during his school years.

7. He is so handsome. From the moment he was born I knew he would be a heartbreaker. He has such a beautiful face. I'll ask him who my cute boy is and he says, "I am!"

8. What a helper! He loves to help me cook. He hops up on a chair and wants to get right in there and do what I'm doing. He also loves to do the dishes. We do them together. He washes then I wash it again. It takes forever but it is nice to stand side by side each other working together.

9. He loves to learn. He started preschool this year with utter excitement. He has been asking to go to school for 2 years already. It is nice to see him develop and learn.

10. He melts my heart with his "I love you". There is nothing better than getting an unasked for I love you. I know at some point they won't be given out so freely, so I will cherish them now.

I love you Bennie Boy, little B, Beezer Boo, B, Benjamin.


If you have read this far. Thanks!

8 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

We love Ben! He definitely has personality plus. Very cute blog :)

Jamie said...

What a cute list! I have always thought Ben was a crack up. Him and Karlee made quite the team!!!

Erica said...

I love my lil' Bennie BOO! Great list! He is a lil' sweet heart, and a freaking doll!

The Carter Family: said...

Your whole list reminds me of my son and I would probably be saying the exact same things about him! He sounds like an awesome kid! Maybe at the next Ruby's Inn Retreat our boys can play together-I think they would love it!

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh that you found Ali's blog from mine, and I found your blog from her. Your kids are adorable. We need to get together and do dinner again or just get together and let our kids play. It's been way too long!

Hello! said...

You forgot that the kid has a great sense of style! He's one of the best dressed little boys I know :)

Monica Lifferth said...

Thanks Sandy! I've never been one to put my little boy in bunnies and bears, but really it's not his stlye. If he could choose his outfits they would be a long sleeve shirt, funky shorts, and snowboots. He's creative.

Gretch said...

Hey Monica, Its cousin Gretchen.

I found you in the blogging world! So I loved what you said about Ben. He seems like a great kid! He totally looks like a mini Aaron, I'm sure you get that all the time. :-)

Well I'm glad I found you guys.