Saturday, October 6, 2007

An Apple a Day...



One of my favorite places in the entire world is a little town in Idaho. Although home to me is anywhere my little family is (which any given year, could be anywhere), my heart is definately in Malad. I love that place. If you look here at my sister's blog, on Oct. 2nd she posted about how nice it is to live there.


Today my brother, sister, and I picked apples at my dad's house. He has two huge apple trees that have been there since I can remember. I remember as a child picking those apples and loving their flavor. They really do have a unique taste to them. They are sweet and tart, crisp, and unbelievable juicy. You really have to try one to believe it. We didn't have very good ladders but we managed to get 4 big boxes. Apples anyone?


7 comments:

Smiley Family said...

Glad to see that your trip was a success! The apples look delicious! I definitely want to try one. Brian told me tonight that he only likes apples in pie. Add that to his list of strange food preferences.

Jamie said...

I love apples fresh picked from the tree. How fun!

PS - Brian is strange.

Jamie said...

Um, ya, it's me again. Maybe Aaron can use these apples in his paintings. :)

The Carter Family: said...

Yummy! Apples! Now you can bottle some applesauce or apple pie filling or both since you have so many apples! By the way, I know I have heard of Malad, ID...where exactly is it? How big is it?

Erica said...

Ewwww...so pretty! You take some good pictures. We had fun. I love you.

Hello! said...

So Monica, you should give Jamie some of those apples and she can make a pie (or two) with them. And then of course she will invite us all over to taste test it before she feeds it to Brian.

rsheedy said...

Those look YUMMY!