Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Are ya ready?


What a fun day! Ben was so excited to dress up and Maggie just thought she was adorable and wore her costume all day. First off we headed to Grandpa Bob's work for a little trick or treating. My shy guy Ben had a hard time with all the attention. He eventually got over it with a bribe to just go home and forget about trick or treating. (I'm so mean.) He got over it. Maggie just thought it was great that everywhere she turned someone was handing her "cannie".

We headed off to Nana's next. Nana and David always have not just treats but lots of presents too. We had a good time there and took lots of pictures.

After that we headed off to Grandma and Grandpa Lifferth's neighborhood for Trick or Treating. We met the Smiley's and got quite the loot. As usual, Grandma had a wonderful dinner prepared when we got home. We watched The Great Pumpkin, did crafts, and took lots of pictures. I think these Lifferth grand kids are so lucky to have such a great place to go be a kid at. Ben loves "grandma's house" and asks to go there everyday.

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for all you do. You put your heart and souls into your family and it genuinely shows by how much those kids love you back. You're the best!

Now for the promised pictures!

You know that project I started over a month ago? Well, here is the finished product. If you know Ben then you know he loves the Mario Bros. He wanted to be Luigi for Halloween. This year I didn't go all out with him. I bought the hat and shirt but made his little coveralls. It turned out really cute. I still have the luxury of picking what costume Maggie will wear. I love sewing for a little girl. She is an adorable little witch.

"Mama Mia!"

I couldn't get a picture without a cookie in her mouth. She was seriously the cutest witch ever.

This is the "I'm sick of pictures" look.


Taking pictures of the grand kids is always such an event. These 5 actually waited patiently for the other 3.

Well, here is the final product. We had to throw grandma in to keep everyone happy and Dave's knees are in to keep little Reagan happy. Not perfect, but what is perfect when you have 8 kids under 5? What a wild and fun group of kids.

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Halloween!

13 comments:

Erica said...

How flippin' cute! I love Maggies especially. I want the hand me downs when I have more babies. You make the cutest skirts. Teach me how! Oh wait...I don't have a sewing machine. I'm glad you had a good night. *hugs*

The Carter Family: said...

Those costumes were adorable! I especially loved the witches costume that you made and the cute material that you made it with! Maybe next year I will have to get your pattern so my girls can be cute witches! Sounds like you had a great halloween!

Hello! said...

Monica! Those costumes are fabulous! And I can't believe you sewed them all by yourself. You've got more talent in your pinkie than I have in my whole body. Seriously.

Crazy Lifferths said...

Wonderful costumes!! I am so glad that you guys had such a wonderful time. I wish our family did something like that. Normally we are very into "traditions" and things like that, so maybe we will have to start that.

Zachary said...

Those are some great costumes. All the kids looked great! Glad you all had a wonderful time!

All About M.E.('s) said...

You are amazing Monica-you're kids costumes were fabulous, as usual.

Allie said...

I love their costumes and I'm so jealous at how well you can sew! Your kids are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Moni,
Outstanding job on the sewing!! The costumes were wonderful! It was a very fun day and Ben and Maggie were so cute. We love all of you. Love, Grandmom

Jamie said...

How fun! Way cute kids! Love the Lifferth home, always so warm and welcoming (word?)!

Smiley Family said...

Very cute costumes Moni! I am so glad that you got me started on home-made costumes! It is so fun! It was great going trick-or-treating with you guys :)

Princess said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Ben's costume and it is the perfect one for him! They are so adorable!

Anushka said...

Moni.. What a day for the little ones and you! I am so happy to be able to be part of it and have some precious moments with you... meaning all of you! I am so very proud of you to see what a beautiful dress came out of a piece of material... that takes smarts.. and you do have it! Very beautiful.. Bday first and now Halloween..! I love you so much and I thank you for letting us be part of this great event with the little ones! love you tons.. Mamá

rsheedy said...

So stinkin' cute! You did a great job on the costumes.