Aaron tells me I put too many eggs in my basket. I can't help it. There are so many things I want to accomplish in this earth life. I'm up for trying anything once.
Life is short and I still have a lot of things I want to learn. A couple of years ago I took cake decorating classes. I would say I'm pretty good at it, granted I have a lot to learn and could be better. My new love is sewing. This is a skill that takes years and lots of practice to master. I am far from that. I also want to learn to quilt, to garden, to speak Spanish, to gourmet cook. So how am I supposed to do all these things and be good at them?
What do you think, is it better to choose one thing and excel or is it better to learn many things and be okay at them?
This is my newest sewing project. I am working on Halloween costumes for the kids. I will post the finished product at the end of the month.
6 comments:
You'll get it done. I know you, and you always get things done. I strive to be more like my sis. *hugs*
I definitely think it is better to be good at some stuff but not great at everything. That way you can sew until you get tired of learning, then go to something else, and when you get tired of that-go back to sewing and pick up where you left off. At least that's what I like to do and then you are never bored!
It is much better to have multiple hobbies. Variety is good and it keeps things interesting. I am so excited to see the costumes - they get cuter every year!
You may have a lot of hobbies, but at least you seem to finish all of your projects which is a lot more than I can say. So, maybe that's the key, if you can stay on top of things and finish what you start, you're basket is not too full?
Variety is the spice of life...Unless you have found something that will never bore you, something that you have untold volumes of passion for, (Such as Aaron and his painting), keep trying new things. Good luck with the Spanish...I am learning that right now.
People should read this.
Post a Comment