What is it with siblings? Why in the world can't they just get along? How can an 18 month old understand the concept of teasing? I seriously just don't get it. Bennie loves to tease Maggie. He will torment her and enjoy himself! Maggie on the other hand knows his buttons and will push them to get a rise out of Ben. She will go stand right in front of the TV while he is watching. As soon as he protests she will bounce up and down with a grin on her face. She also has this scream. If he even walks near her and she is in the mood, she will scream and look at me waiting for me to get after Ben. This is one day when Ben took something from Maggie. It is classic. For one, check out the look on Ben's face. He is stubborn, determined, and on the verge of crying himself. And there is my drama queen and her "cry face". Life in her eyes is coming to an end.
Okay, okay...so I have to throw this in. These two are buddies. When Ben is at school, Maggie will walk around the house and ask, "where's Ben?" over and over again. When I take Ben somewhere and Maggie is not with us, he will ask about her whereabouts and demand we go pick her up. Yesterday as I was walking by the living room, Ben and Maggs were playing with Weebles. Ben looked at her and said, "Maggie, I love you". She said back, "Lub you". He smiled and back to playing they went. It melted my heart. I thought, "they do like each other". All is good.
So I have come to the determination that this is not a love/hate relationship but a love/you drive me crazy sometimes relationship. Sounds good to me...I'll take it!
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Sibling Rivalry
Posted by
Monica Lifferth
at
12:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I love it-you described your kids as to exactly how my kids act! I guess they live up to the saying, "can't live with them, can't live without them!" Very cute!
Oh great, I have something to look forward to...
You sure do, I keep wishing my kids would absolutely adore each other and I would have the perfect kids. I hope you have better luck than I do.
You know, I don't have that problem? My children get along perfectly. I guess I'm just lucky.
Save these photos of the crying. They turn out to be great for blackmailing in the future.
I know exactly how they feel. In our family we show we love each other by beating each other up! Probably not the most healthy thing but we know what it means!
SO Fun! I'm am learning now that apparently mothers are also supposed to referee! Who would have thought?
Great pictures!
Forget the rivalry...I have that same shirt that Ben is wearing! Hmm...maybe that's why I can't get a girlfriend...I wear the same clothes as 4 year olds (5?) But the story is a heart-melter.
I'm glad you captured this on film because Ben's face is priceless.
Moni, that's a fun post. You are such a great photographer to capture the feelings so well.
Love those little kids. Give them a hug!!
Love, Mom
I agree...Ben's face is priceless. What a couple a cuties. I can't wait to have a couple more kids! :o)
That is awesome. Your kids are so cute; I love the drama in their expressions!
Post a Comment