Saturday, January 12, 2008

Day 12

This is pretty much a repeat of my Day 2 layout. I just want to set the record straight. I am an excellent copier. I'm really not that original. You give me a recipe, I will make a fabulous dish. You give me a pattern, I can sew a great project. You give me an amazing layout, I can produce a close to comparable one. They call it scrap lifting in the scrapbook world. I'm good at that. So thanks for the compliments but credit where credit is due. I love Becky Higgins' sketches. She sketches a layout and then shows 3-5 examples. I have one of her books and would love the new one. She also does a sketches article every month in Creating Keepsakes magazine. This layout is a product of one of her sketches.
Also the patterned paper I have been using for my girly pages is by Basic Grey. They have beautiful patterns. I'm in love with them. I just wish they would come in a fabric. Now that would be wonderful.

It has become a late night. I'm off to bed!

5 comments:

Nathan and Esther said...

What a cute page! You definetly deserve credit for duplicating those pages because that is hard work! Keep up the good work scrapbooking!

Nathan and Esther said...

p.s. where do you like to get your scrapbooking supplies?

rsheedy said...

I'm the same way...I can totally replicate stuff, but not as good at designing my own stuff. I don't think it matters though...it's still work, and you do personalize it, so you still deserve the compliments! And I still maintain that you are amazing.

Monica Lifferth said...

You guys are too nice. Esther, I get my supplies whereever I can. I think my favorite store is Heartland Paper at the Family Center in Talorsville. I also like Roberts and where ever I can get a good deal. I got these Basic Grey paper packs at Hobby Lobby at the District for a super deal. You gotta love the 40% off coupons. :)

rsheedy said...

Oh, I love Heartland Paper! I usually go there for my stuff, too. Maybe I'll see you there! :)