Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A sigh of relief...

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." ~Abraham Lincoln


My dad came home today from overseas. It is such an amazing patriotic feeling to see families gather around to see their loved ones come home from serving our country. Although we are in admist of a war and the starting of all the political back biting at the start of an election, it is important to remember our troops overseas. While we are in the comforts of our warm homes, enjoying our families, our choice of career, and our ability to practice the religion we choose, we must remember the men and women sacrificing so much so we may do and have those things.


We are so lucky to be able to wake up and feel for the most part safe in our homes. That we may send our children to school our husbands off to work with the knowledge that they will return to us at the end of the day. Today I am feeling blessed for the freedoms of this great country and the men and women who sacrifice so much to keep it that way.


Thank you dad for all of your service. I hope you know how proud we are of you. Seriously, you have put so much time and energy into your service to this great country. Thank you for instilling that pride and love for country in me. I'm glad you are home safe and sound.



This sounds silly, but I left out my dad's face for security reasons. I love the looks on Ben's and Justy's faces. They were so excited, a little unsure, and so proud to see their grandpa.

16 comments:

Erica said...

Cute Cute CUTE! I love it! And I love the looks on their faces too. I felt like mine was that way too! *lol* Those are some great pictures. You'll have to e-mail me some. Please. I love you, sis!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Great post and pictures. It is easy to take our freedom for granted and forget that there are still a lot of people defending our country. Thanks for the reminder. Glad your dad is back.

Smiley Family said...

We are so glad he is back safe and sound. I think it is so neat that he has been in the guard for so many years and that he gone outside of the USA so many times to serve. He is a great guy. Great pics too.

Allie said...

YAY!!! I am so glad he is home and I too am grateful for the reminder of the importance of our freedom and those serving!

Jamie said...

Bless you and your family. It is huge sacrifice. Thank you!

Gretch said...

Monica, what a beautiful post! I am so glad that your Dad is home. Please thank him for his service!! The pictures are so precious! I love Ben's face.

Crazy Lifferths said...

SO cute...Thank you for the reminder for all of us to be a litte bit more grateful! What a blessing to have him safe and sound. Great pics!

The Lund Five said...

I'm glad that your dad is home and grateful for service and the service of all the military. Your pictures are cute. I love the excitement on Ben's face.

Adrianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrianne said...

Thank you for the post Moni, I think we all need to be reminded of those blessings. The pictures are amazing.

Zachary said...

Please tell your father thank you for all he has done. There aren't a lot of things that make me cry, but this post did it. Thank you. We truly live in a blessed country, and it is all because of men and women like him...AND you!

The Wright's said...

How exciting! We are so happy he is home safe. Please tell him thank you for his service - I don't think he gets enough of that.

The Carter Family: said...

That is great that he is home safe! We are a great country because of the men and women that serve it-including him and you! Thank you!!!

Anushka said...

All I can say is... I am so proud of him and so very grateful he is your father. Mama

Nathan and Esther said...

Yes, please tell your father thanks a thousand times (of course please say it to yourself, as well). We are so very blessed to live where we do. Thank you for that beautiful post.

rsheedy said...

Wow, your post brought tears to my eyes. Your dad is to be commended for his selfless sacrifice.